Seoul mayor says he does not support homosexuals


Article: "I do not support homosexual love" Sexual minority organizations demand an apology from Seoul Mayor Park Won Soon

Source: Asia Econ via Nate

"I do believe that discrimination must not be allowed but I do not specifically support homosexual love."

1. [+1,942, -55] You have the freedom to support and you have the freedom to not support it. I think it's contradictory to force him to support it..

2. [+1,585, -32] As long as you don't participate in their discrimination, I think you shouldn't be forced to support them too. Maybe because I'm not gay myself but I don't believe that homosexual love should be suggested.

3. [+1,512, -33] I agree with him. I acknowledge them and understand them but I can't bring myself to support them.

4. [+107, -1] He was asked in a public event whether he supported gays or not and I think his answer was more than enough given the situation. I hope sexual minorities realize that the more they go against people of power, the more they risk turning a potential powerful ally into an enemy. Knock it off already.

5. [+76, -3] Why do gays want support too? Isn't not discriminating them enough? I thought they didn't want to be thought of as different or special? I thought they wanted to live normal lives? Then why do they keep expecting special treatment?

6. [+74, -0] Acknowledging and supporting are two very different things. I, too, acknowledge gays but I do not support them.

7. [+60, -0] Now with all this talk about trying to view sexual minorities in a positive light, it seems they've gotten cocky -_- The mayor never said homosexuality was bad, just that he didn't support it. Why should he apologize for that? I don't have anything against homosexuality myself but I'm getting negative feelings with their attitude on this.

8. [+52, -0] The mayor specifically said he's against the discrimination of homosexuals. That means he acknowledges them. Shouldn't they be grateful that a mayor in a society as conservative as ours even said something like that?

9. [+46, -0] They're forcing him to apologize just for not supporting them?

10. [+41, -0] Why do they think that everyone has to support them? They act like being homosexual gives them power/authority.

-