TV: [Spoilers!!!] Naeil's Cantabile (Pilot)


Article: Pilot broadcast Naeil's Cantabile, Joo Won and Shim Eun Kyung's synergy, less Japanese color

Source: OSEN via Naver

1. [+6,457, -439] A character you can't hate because of how sweet she is..

2. [+6,917, -973] One thing that bothered me is that they only picked popular songs for the BGM. They should go for unknown songs of the classic or semi classic genre instead of New Age musicians. It's a traditional classic drama, why throw in jazz?

3. [+4,937, -469] I love it ㅋㅋㅋ Joo Won and Shim Eun Kyung have great chemistry ㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+4,946, -920] Total copy and paste of the Japanese pilot episode

5. [+3,010, -369] Shim Eun Kyung's a year older but she's still so cute ㅋㅋ

-

Article: 'Cantabile' Shim Eun Kyung's casting controversy 'still abuzz'

Source:
Newsen via Nate

1. [+715, -29] No matter who was cast, the role would've gotten hate in the beginning anyway. She knew the risks going into it and she's still working hard so don't hate and watch over her performance. I think Shim Eun Kyung has pulled it off so far just because it's her on the role and not anyone else.

2. [+569, -31] The role's doing fine thanks to it being played by Shim Eun Kyung. The original was such a daebak and it's a Japanese drama that's being Koreanized. There are no actresses of that style in Korea so it's cringey at first to us but I think it'll be a successful remake if they up the quality a bit on the performance scenes.

3. [+499, -30] I think they stuck as close to the original as they could... Either way, people would hate anyway

4. [+22, -5] Still better than Yoona...

5. [+21, -4] The casting was controversial but netizens chose Shim Eun Kyung. I enjoyed the original myself but I truly wonder if this drama had to listen to the netizens in the casting.

6. [+19, -3] I think she did fine and enjoyed the drama. I remember other remakes getting the same criticism because they were compared to Ueno Juri but I think it's something that can't be avoided as a remake.

-