TV: 'Endless Love' criticized for heavy makjang plot with themes of rape and pregnancy


Article: 'Endless Love' why is aborting a pregnancy from rape considered a crime? 'viewers rage'

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+645, -13] Abortion is legal when you're pregnant from rape

2. [+531, -14] Reading the plot is already pissing me off~!!

3. [+431, -22] Any pregnancy resulting from rape is legally abortable. Abortion in itself is a crime, however.

4. [+35, -4] If aborting the child of a rape a crime, then what do they expect the woman to do? Give birth to it and raise it on her own? Or throw it out? Marry the rapist? What do they want her to do?!

5. [+19, -3] The drama... just went... way too far out of bounds... I refuse to watch a drama like this because I know it'll just suck you in with all the makjang. Korean dramas are a shame lately. Nothing impressive like American dramas, nothing creative or unique like Japanese dramas..

-

Article: From rape to pregnancy... 'Endless Love' more like 'Endless Makjang'

Source: Oh My News via Naver

1. [+4,634, -82] Too makjang... I used to think it was fun but the deeper the plot gets...

2. [+3,887, -70] The drama was fun at first but it makes me uncomfortable now with the extreme reach of topics... It's also boring

3. [+3,357, -70] I really wonder if they had to take the plot in this direction...

4. [+513, -37] Pregnant from rape? Of course it should be aborted. What an odd drama~~

5. [+472, -28] From rape to pregnancy... I can't watch this anymore... What a waste of good actors to spend on a makjang script like this.

-