Pope Francis visits Korea



Reader request.

-

Article: [Pope Visits Korea] His first meal in Korea is charcoal grill galbi... breakfast at a bakery in Daejun

Source: Financial news via Naver

1. [+2,903, -62] I hope our country's food fits the taste of the Pope and he leaves with a good impression~~~

2. [+2,902, -96] Soon we'll see signs popping up around restaurants like "The Bakery the Pope Ate at", "The Pope Visited Here"

3. [+2,163, -54] I bet he really enjoyed the galbi, now I'm craving some too...

4. [+1,758, -290] I hope he's being served well as a guest of our country. He's a bit older so please serve him softer meat and don't make the bread too sweet.

5. [+131, -6] Have a delicious meal, Pope-nim, and be healthy ^^

-

Article: Pope Francis to personally baptize the families of the deceased Sewol Ferry victims

Source: Yonhap News via Naver

1. [+1,133, -191] I hope the Pope will be a great source of consolation for the families. Thank you for your kind act. I am once in again in awe and in respect of your kindness.

2. [+1,004, -169] I love you, Pope-nim~ Have a long, healthy life~~♥

3. [+508, -64] Anyone Catholic will know what a huge honor this is. A personal baptism by the Pope himself.

4. [+428, -50] Someone nearing 80 years old came from so far away to give his blessing to our small country. I realize that we all believe in different things so as adults, please don't slander his intentions. I thank and respect him for doing what others can't, and I wish him a safe return.

-



Article: [Pope Visits Korea] A million gather for mass... no trash, no accidents, all directions followed orderly

Source: E-Daily via Naver

1. [+5,376, -322] I'm a Catholic who attended the mass at Gwanghajum. I'm nearing 30 and I was really touched by everyone who followed directions. I believe the Pope and God himself would've been happy at the sight. I hope the Pope much healthy and for the Sewol Ferry families to find strength. I also wish health for Catholics.

2. [+4,600, -119] Impressed by everyone who kept things orderly for such a healthy event ^^

3. [+4,494, -89] I hope we continue to keep this up...

4. [+2,499, -111] It's tiring living in a world where age, position, power, and seniority takes precedence... Every event in Korea is made up by the people themselves, and I hope people realize that.

5. [+906, -11] I attended the mass. I want to thank everyone for keeping things orderly and for the police who have been up since the early morning. I'm also sorry and grateful for the other citizens who have had to deal with traffic for the past few days. May peace be upon all.

-