Lee Kyun criticizes, "Ice bucket challenge? You don't even know what Lou Gehrig's disease is..."


Article: Lee Kyun criticizes, "Ice bucket challenge? You don't even know what Lou Gehrig's disease is..."

Source: X Sports News via Nate

"Ice bucket videos are uploaded like a trend lately. I acknowledge their intentions but I wonder if they're doing it because they know anything about the Lou Gehrig's disease? The ice water is to express the contraction of the muscles and its pain but everyone seems to be enjoying it too much for fun. Don't do it if it's for that reason. At least know this as a minimum. The disease that Kim Myung Min suffered from in the movie 'Lover By My Side' is the Lou Gehrig's disease. It makes me uncomfortable for me to see stars pour ice water over themselves and enjoy it... like it's refreshing.

To all of the patients, please find strength. I'll be donating to those of you in pain... It disappoints me that I never hear these words. I was going to shoot an ice bucket video myself... but I know it's going to turn into shameless self promotion so I decided against it."

-

1. [+532, -44] Every thing he said is right ㅠㅠ

2. [+384, -60] I agree... I think some stars are doing it just to participate in something under the pressure that they're not a star if they don't do it too... but please stop. It's unsettling to watch.

3. [+346, -52] I doubt 90% of the ice bucket challenges know what they're doing

4. [+49, -6] When it first started trending overseas, it's something that everyone participated in by laughing and having fun. Why does our country have to take everything so seriously?

5. [+41, -12] Who cares if everyone does it? Mostly the people doing it are people who've been named... even if they don't know what the cause is initially, they're still taking an interest in it. When did people ever care about this disease as much before this? He said so himself that he wanted to participate in it, what makes him holier than anyone else? Does he expect people to break out and cry when the ice water hits them? I'm sure a minority are using it for promotion purposes but everyone's in it for the right reasons...

6. [+40, -3] Who cares, it's for a good cause... I never knew about the disease myself until I saw the ice bucket challenge going around.

7. [+31, -6] I don't get guys like him. Even Park Seung Il who's suffering from the disease participated in it. Not everything has to be taken seriously, what's so wrong with donating with a smile and spreading awareness?

8. [+30, -8] The point of the challenge is to raise awareness, what's it matter if people don't know what it's about initially? They're still finding out about it.

-