Gummy talks about her decision to leave YG


Article: Gummy "The reason I left YG, a company that is a family to me..." (Interview)

Source
: Newsen via Nate

1. [+417, -20] YG was the best when they had Big Mama, Wheesung, Gummy, 1TYM, and Lexy. The days when talent was never the issue..

2. [+348, -28] Because YG's too busy putting out young kids and putting real singers on the backburner... I think it was good of her to leave.

3. [+233, -18] Good decision for her to leave. She seems to be planning to release a lot of albums so I'll be looking forward to it!

4. [+33, -4] "YG grew with the addition of new singers and I wanted to have more freedom with the type of music that I wanted to release. Fans and the public would often ask me why I don't release albums as often and it made me realize that I was in a difficult situation where it wasn't possible so I naturally moved to a different company." - She said it as positively as possible but if it basically means that Gummy was put on the backburner because YG was too busy taking care of other artists.. I hope she can release more great songs like her past hits now.

5. [+15, -5] I think Yang Hyun Suk is too scared of failure... He only seems to release albums if there's 100% guarantee that it's going to do well. Taeyang's been buried for four years, I don't even remember how many years it's been for Daesung, and Epik High never released their 10th anniversary album....

6. [+13, -1] Because YG's too busy putting out useless CL solos and supporting 2NE1.. on top of that bizarre Bom and Lee Hi duet carol... Good for Gummy to leave.

-