Wednesday, April 2, 2014
KBS deems a part of Crayon Pop's new song unfit for broadcast
Article: [Exclusive] Crayon Pop reps, "We have edited 'pika bbunjjuk -> bbunjjuk bbunjjuk' for reevaluation by KBS"
Source: Star News via Naver
KBS deemed a part of the lyrics in 'Uh-ee' unfit for broadcast for using the Japanese expression 'pika bunjjuk'.. bbunjjuk just means sparkly.
1. [+932, -42] So I guess if Pokemon was broadcast on KBS, Pikachu's name would have to be changed to Bbunjjukchu
2. [+630, -52] Why is English okay but not Japanese?
3. [+490, -52] Departing from the fact that it's Crayon Pop, this just seems wrong...
4. [+447, -53] This is why KBS is stupid...
5. [+77, -8] Pika bbunjjuk? How's that any different from us using words like bling bling
6. [+72, -7] I don't get why bling bling's allowed but not pika bbunjjuk
7. [+58, -6] Might as well ban English at this rate
8. [+49, -2] Chu Sarang shouldn't be on TV according to KBS's logic since half of her speech is Japanese