Taeyang ranks at the top of digital charts + dance video accused of similarities to 'Growl'


Reader requests.

-

Article: "iTunes, put your hands up~" Taeyang ranks first on 7 major charts

Source: Dispatch via Naver

1. [+161, -28] It's off putting when other kids imitate black people but Taeyang's decent at it. It matches him and doesn't seem different.

2. [+121, -21] The dance performance was really amazing. I'll support you quietly, fighting!

3. [+104, -14] The song's awesome and his dancing is as great as always!!! I saw the choreography video and sat there in awe. I'm really anticipating his comeback this week. Really proud of Big Bang and the talent they possess as individual members~

-


Article: Taeyang 'Ringa Linga' dance video under EXO 'Growl' controversy... why?

Source: News 1 via Nate

EXO fans are claiming that his dance performance video is too similar to the 'Growl' music video. "From two minutes onwards, it's extremely similar to the 'Growl' MV", "It's like he purposely copied it, the structure of the dance is the same as well", "Seems like EXO really is the trend if even Taeyang is copying them", and "Who wouldn't think of the 'Growl' MV while watching this?"

International EXO fans were also mentioned as making the same claims with comments like, "EXO EXO EXO EXO", "I feel an EXO MV feel from this", and "A Korean artist named Taeyang is copying EXO".

1. [+37, -0] The one take was first used with Big Bang's Love Song MV... please don't talk as if EXO patented the idea and came up with it themselves. By that logic, EXO is copying Big Bang then. Why would Taeyang even be copying EXO?

2. [+30, -0] Taeyang copying an EXO??? ㅋㅋㅋ Even a dog would laugh at that

3. [+23, -0] If they're claiming that Taeyang copied EXO's one take music video style, then EXO actually copied Big Bang because Big Bang has two one take movies with Love Song and Bad Boy... I swear, all of EXO's domestic and international fans are trash... I hate EXO to the point where I feel like bugs are crawling all over my body when I think of them and I hate their fans that much more

-

Source: Instiz

"They're fighting over this on YouTube too ㅋㅋㅋㅋ"

"I really have no words for EXO fans..."

"The one take technique is used a lot in video production."

"Really, all of this just makes me laugh now.."

"Makes me so embarrassed as an EXO fan myself ㅠㅠ"

"I was already pissed off with YG over Youngbae apologizing for the MV delay but thankfully this gave me something to laugh about."

"Never in my life did I think there'd be a day that Taeyang gets hated on for his dancing.."

"EXO fans talk as if 'Growl' is the first ever Korean music video to use the one take technique. Sigh.."

-