American remake of 'Old Boy' receives harsh reviews


Article: American remake of 'Old Boy' receives harsh reviews... "Couldn't outdo the original"

Source: Star News via Nate

1. [+236, -12] Of course they can't outdo the original, the original was a work of art!! I didn't have much expectations for it but I'd call it a success if it lived up to even half of the original.

2. [+113, -4] Only Choi Min Shik can play the role of Oh Dae Soo

3. [+33, -2] I don't think the casting was all that bad. You have to expect the movie to be different since it's a different director... A shame because Spike Lee used to be quite the famous director back in the day.

4. [+6, -0] The poster looks B list

5. [+5, -1] The trailer turned me off

6. [+4, -0] But still, it's amazing to see a Korean movie being remade. Even if it's considered a failure, I want to still see it to see how differently they interpreted it ^^

-