Kids surveyed on most hated questions asked by relatives over the holidays


Article: "Elementary school students hate being nagged about 'grades + looks' over the holidays"

Source: Yonhap News via Nate

1. What rank are you in your class? 36%
2. You should lose weight! You're so short! 28%
3. Do you have friends of the opposite sex? 16%
4. Be more like your friend! 10%
5. What do you want to be when you grow up? 10%

1. [+546, -16] Why would anyone want to nag a little kid about their looks? I bet they're ugly themselves

2. [+435, -13] It's not only the little kids who feel this ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ You hear this for the rest of your life from adults every time the holidays roll around ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+390, -16] Nagging about grades, I can understand... but why about looks? Unless your relatives are Kang Dong Won, Won Bin, and Kim Tae Hee, people shouldn't criticize others' looks.

4. [+38, -0] Kids should fire back by asking, "Uncle, how much is your salary?"

5. [+30, -2] In the past, people laughed them off as sayings out of good concern but now they just seem like flat out disses...

6. [+24, -1] Relatives don't know that they're wounding these children for the rest of their lives. They think they're showing concern and care but words like that do more damage than good.

7. [+20, -2] I'm 27 and I'm already dreading seeing my relatives this year.

8. [+19, -2] I really don't want to see my relatives... now that I'm taking an extra year for my entrance exams, relatives I don't even know are looking down on me.

9. [+15, -1] I really don't know how Korea developed a culture like this. Please mind your own business.

10. [+9, -0] Please realize that the kid you're calling fat and ugly is your own flesh and blood ㅋㅋ

-