Article: [Enterbiz] SM-YG-JYP, change the main faces! What's rushing them?
Source: Sports Chosun via Nate
Article talks about how insiders have been noticing that SM, YG, and JYP seem to be in a rush for change and finding the next new thing to represent their company for the next decade.
The article says that SNSD, TVXQ, Super Junior (for SM), Big Bang and 2NE1 (for YG), and 2PM and Suzy (for JYP) are all still doing well but the problem is that they're so successful that nobody really anticipates anything more from them anymore. Surprising news from them would be if they DIDN'T do well, putting the three companies in a rush to find fresh new talent to continue the trend.
The article thinks that SM is investing in f(x) and EXO, YG in their new boy and girl group debuts, and JYP in Sunmi's solo.
1. [+330, -66] YG and SM still have idol groups who are still considered successful but JYP will never be able to bring in a group to stand up to their level. Suzy is only worthy as Suzy alone, miss A has been doing worse than A Pink lately. Wonder Girls are beat out by 2NE1 and even f(x)...
2. [+264, -90] SM has f(x) and EXO... YG's Kang Seung Yoon and JYP's Sunmi are a bit weak by comparison...
3. [+145, -28] The article may say that the current groups are stagnant no matter how well they do, but that doesn't change the fact that they still have to work really hard because of all the haters they have
1. [+317, -9] Instead of thinking on improving their current artists, these companies are of the mindset of throwing out anyone who doesn't make money and debuting new faces.
2. [+353, -81] I really don't understand why EXO's popular. 'Growl' is okay but 'Wolf' just sounds like it was written by an idiot. They also have too many members, I have no idea who any of them are. Their skills are about as average as SM gets as well.
3. [+239, -4] tl;dr throw them out if they don't make money!
4. [+255, -30] JYP's going to go bankrupt...
5. [+243, -19] Honestly, JYP's on a downfall... No one in Korea even anticipates their artists anymore.
6. [+206, -19] YG is sh*t without Big Bang ㅋ Even their rookies are all riding on Big Bang. Big Bang really did so much for the company.
7. [+183, -7] I think the one who's most nervous out of all of this is Yang CEO. YG seems like they have a lot of artists but their main source of income are really only Big Bang and Psy and Psy has a completely different contract from Big Bang. Without Big Bang, YG is over.
8. [+193, -18] Regardless, there isn't a group that can overtake SNSD, Wonder Girls, 2NE1, Super Junior, Big Bang, and TVXQ yet
9. [+165, -7] I listened to an SES album and was so surprised to hear that SM used to have a period where they made high quality music...
10. [+176, -29] Please, stop with the idols!!! There are only idols in the music charts!! My mp3 hasn't been updated in years from its ballads because of them ㅡㅡ