Korea to survey the world on their perception of the country


Article: "Find out what Korea's real image is"... Korea surveys the entire world on their image of Korea

Source: Yonhap News via Nate

1. [+405, -29] I know this is random but why does Korea always use kimchi as the main promotional aspect of Korea? I really don't understand... Foreigners love other foods like galbi and samgyupsal, why do Koreans insist on ripping apart kimchi and shoving it in the mouths of foreigners? It's like a pizza house promoting its pickles instead of its pizza. Kimchi is a side dish, not a main dish.

2. [+266, -19] When foreigners come visit, please stop asking 'Do you know kimchi? bibimbap?' Talk about galbi instead of kimchi for once.

3. [+231, -24] Kimchi is so overrated. One of the smells that foreigners hate the most is the smell of garlic.. Foreigners are so disgusted by the smell of fermented kimchi.

4. [+35, -8] I've been living overseas for 8 years. The majority of course assume that I'm Chinese and greet me with a 'Ni hao ma'. Whenever I say I'm Korean, the first thing they ask is "from North or South?"

5. [+32, -4] We have lots of great food like galbi and whatnot, why do we always promote kimchi? Foreigners probably only view it as pickled cabbage

6. [+25, -9] I don't think they'll be able to differentiate between North and South Korea

7. [+22, -8] I don't expect people to say anything positive?

8. [+21, -11] Do you know kimchi? Do you know bibimbap? Do you know Gangnam Style? Do you know Jisung Park? Do you know Kim Yuna? Do you know Park Tae Hwan?

-