TV: [Spoilers!!!] Shark


Article: [Drama Port] 'Shark' Kim Nam Gil's charm is working... so why is the viewer rating so low?

Source:
TV Report via Naver

1. [+103, -10] Son Ye Jin is way better eye candy than Suzy in Gu Family Book. And of course, her acting is just on another level as well.

2. [+111, -29] This isn't a drama you can judge on viewer ratings... The story line and Kim Nam Gil and Son Ye Jin's acting... the quality of the screen... All of this combined makes Gu Family Book and Jang Ok Jung look like child's play.

3. [+94, -25] Viewer ratings aren't a depiction of the drama's quality. Kim Nam Gil has such strong control over his facial expressions and charisma... and Son Ye Jin is of course gorgeous. Everything about Shark is great. I'm watching it whether or not the viewer ratings suck.

4. [+83, -22] Teens and older people don't enjoy dramas that are complicated like this. This is the type of drama where you have to focus and not miss anything in order to fully enjoy its impact. You can see why other competing dramas do better... because the content is simple and easy to understand for kids and ajummas ㅋ

5. [+50, -6] I think people are just not watching TV in general because they're sick of idol dramas.. I trust that the viewer ratings will steadily climb up in due time

6. [+44, -7] Our country is too addicted to makjang dramas that they don't know how to react to dramas like this. It's not an obvious love centered makjang drama. It's high quality in terms of production, story, camera angles, direction, etc...

7. [+51, -15] I saw one episode and fell in love with Kim Nam Gil's charm ^^ Fighting to Shark

8. [+45, -13] The drama's fun but I feel like it's missing 2% of something... It's still fun, just hoping for a higher viewer rating soon.

9. [+34, -4] Dramas of this genre always garner a bigger mania fanbase than viewer ratings. It's a drama for the minority.

10. [+36, -9] I don't watch much dramas since I'm a guy but I have to admit I watch this for Kim Nam Gil. I think the viewer ratings were low because the first two episodes focused too much on the past. I'm looking forward to next week, especially after the viewer ratings I got when I saw Kim Nam Gil's expression on the elevator.

-