Pann: INFINITE, biased attitude towards girl groups on broadcast...
Summary: On the May 25th broadcast of a variety show called 'High Society', INFINITE and the show's producers/staff were asked to pick who they thought was the top amongst girl group idols.
Lee Soo Geun - Minah
Kim Byung Man - Yoona
Sunggyu - Seungyeon
Woohyun - Krystal
Hoya - Krystal
Sungyeol - Taeyeon
L - Suzy
Sungjong - Seohyun
The producers then decided to only reveal the top 5 and it was revealed that Minah placed in 3rd, having received the majority of the cameramen's votes.
Sungjong then asked, "Isn't this manipulated?" and Sungjong asked, "This is totally manipulated, totally manipulated..." causing Lee Soo Geun to reply that it wasn't. The male staff also explained that Minah is really cute lately, etc etc, quieting the other members. Then Hoya raised his hand and said, "Did the scriptwriters manipulate this??? Are you sure the results are right??" and kept cringing/looking discontented at Minah being in 3rd.
Then it was revealed that Krystal came in 2nd and Woohyun and Hoya celebrated since they both chose Krystal.
OP: "I understand that we all have idols that we favorite more than others but there was absolutely no need for INFINITE to accuse Minah coming in 3rd as being manipulated with such straight faces like that. I really question whether it was necessary for them to have repeated it that many times. Even when Lee Soo Geun tried to explain why, they kept denying it...
I feel like conversations like these are more appropriate for off camera, private places. Isn't it wrong for them to accuse a show of manipulation just because a girl group member is more popular than they thought? They could've just accepted it and moved on.
Imagine how Minah would feel if she saw this broadcast."
Inspirits shields + OP's retorts:
1. There was a consequence in place for whoever chose the last ranking star: "This is a poor shield because a public figure should know that they should always, always be cautious and careful when talking about another celebrity, both in their actions and their words. The shield also doesn't make sense because Sungyeol accused the ranking of being manipulated even after he placed 5th with Taeyeon, meaning he was exempt from the consequence."
2. The members were cheering because there was a prize on the line: "Woohyun and Hoya cheered for Krystal despite there being no prize for the 2nd place winner."
1. [+694, -95] It's because INFINITE knows that they've gotten popular now. You know what Sunggyu said on Weekly Idol? They asked him to do the Hooing Hooing Aegyo and he said "We're not that low of a level to be doing those things anymore"... I was really shocked when he said that and my affections for him immediately disappeared.
2. [+485, -69] What a mess. Speaking directly, seeing as how they never had any controversies in the past but this week has been nothing but explosive controversies for them means that they've not only lost their roots, but they're getting cocky with fame. They're public figures, they should know to watch their mouths. How can they not manage their facial expressions that badly and ask out loud whether the ranking was manipulated? That puts Lee Soo Geun in such an awkward position. I'm really curious as to how Inspirits will shield this. I remember when Sunggyu said he liked Hyuna and Hyuna got so much hate... I always thought journalist Kim Yong Ho was firing empty shots when he tweeted about INFINITE but it seems he was right. INFINITE has lost their roots.
3. [+412, -50] I initially thought they were really close with Minah because there's no way you can speak that way about someone like that without it being wrong. Hoya kept asking if it was manipulated... and that Lee Sungyeol kid really needs to watch this mouth. He said that other thing where he didn't understand why idols were banned from dating and all of INFINITE got so much hate for that. I felt bad for the rest of the members because they all said that they prioritized work over dating.
4. [+95, -13] They don't seem to know that Minah has way more public recognition than INFINITE;;; INFINITE is just a group that teens like ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+81, -11] Hoya's facial expression seriously pisses me off. There's no need to make a face like that over something so trivial.
6. [+74, -3] I'm an Inspirit myself but... I was really disappointed as well. It made me feel uncomfortable when Sunggyu declined to do the aegyo on Weekly Idol because it was beneath them... I became a fan of INFINITE because they always worked from the bottom up.. I miss the INFINITE that cried when they first took home their #1 win. I feel like if they keep this up, they're going to hit a huge controversy that will just drop their efforts down to the floor. Please.. don't lose your roots.
7. [+69, -5] Seems like this is as far as INFINITE can go. They only have down to go from here.
8. [+67, -8] Hoya really looks like he's pissed about it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+37, -0] Even super seniors Shinhwa do whatever they're asked... and these pathetic kids are arguing about levels?
10. [+25, -0] I still love INFINITE but I have to admit that they're not what they used to be. They've changed a lot, you can tell from their variety appearances... I was really turned off by Sungyeol oppa when he asked what 'hopeless' meant, a word that's in the lyrics of Dongwoo's rap part in their 'Paradise' song. How could you sing a song for years and not know what it means or even bother to look it up? It just shows that he just sang whatever he was given without thought, and that's so wrong...