Article: Sunye reveals she's pregnant "Three months along now... Thank you for the honeymoon baby"
Source: TV Daily via Nate
1. [+1,259, -113] Daebak... Not only is she the first idol to get married, but also pregnant...
2. [+1,056, -59] Really hard to believe... that an idol group member is becoming a mother.. Congrats ^^
3. [+993, -54] Already a mother... I still haven't forgotten her Tell Me days and she's already a mother!!!!!!!!!!
4. [+248, -34] To all you idiots calling it a shotgun wedding, (Korean) pregnancy months are counted with an extra four weeks because it starts with your last period. Since she got married on January 26th, the four weeks before her marriage count in the pregnancy. And she's having a child with the person she loves, how could you think of even saying such disgusting things to her?
5. [+185, -140] I know this is something to congratulate but this really is... off putting... This is basically saying the Wonder Girls are done for good;;; Sunye's kind of selfish... she only puts her happiness first. Yeah, well, I hope you have a happy life.
6. [+121, -39] Sunye wouldn't be showing off like this if she had a shotgun wedding. The only thing that puts me off about this is that she's still the Wonder Girls' leader and she's only 25 years old. She should be considering the careers of her dongsengs if she actually cared because getting married and having kids could've waited. She's basically leaving the group for her own happiness.. what does she expect the rest of the members to do? From marrying herself off to a rich Canadian and now this pregnancy, all of her actions just seem so selfish to the group.
7. [+99, -93] They must've gone at it hard
8. [+96, -39] Looks like they started doing it as soon as they settled a date
9. [+80, -35] The guy couldn't hold back...
10. [+62, -33] And with that, we have the Wonder Girls' official disbandment.
11. [+60, -25] The rest of the members are probably congratulating her but I bet they're burning inside... Maybe because Sunye grew up poor, but she seems really ambitious and greedy. She has no consideration for the rest of the group and just because she found some rich Canadian, she thinks she's set for life and cements it by getting pregnant.
Article: JYP reps "Pregnant Sunye will not be leaving the Wonder Girls, disbandment rumors are unfounded"
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+488, -78] JYP can say that all they want, we all know they're over
2. [+331, -48] Idols are human beings so they can get married and pregnant but.... this just feels weird; am I the only one?
3. [+240, -51] Congrats on your pregnancy! Have a happy, happy life!
4. [+131, -8] JYP is saying not to leave hateful replies but... Doesn't this basically mean the end of Sunye's Wonder Girls' career? What does that make the rest of the members... Nobody even views them as idols anymore because they have a married member with a kid now ㅋㅋㅋ They're basically disbanded. Does Sunye think only her life is precious and the rest of the members can screw off? They're all in one group to achieve a dream and one member goes off to get married... The group is done for then. Sunye, to me, is the stereotypical religious fanatic. They think they're the cleanest, purest, holiest.. but really, they're just selfish and out for their own needs.
5. [+92, -10] I feel the worst for Sohee.. She dropped out of high school for the Wonder Girls and now look at how she ended up. A mother in a girl group... Sunye needs to leave the group and let the group come up with a new team or something else. The rest of the members can't do anything because they're tied to Sunye and they're damaging their image. Is Sunye's life the only life that's important in the group?
6. [+77, -0] I don't mean to write a hateful reply here but g.o.d. was also on "temporary hiatus", not a disbandment. So for the Wonder Girls to be on "temporary hiatus"... haha. What happened after g.o.d. announced their hiatus? Everyone believed them to be disbanded. It's been 8 years since they've been on hiatus... I wonder how the Wonder Girls will fare.
7. [+65, -5] If she had any consideration for the Wonder Girls at all, it's time she left the group.
8. [+63, -1] Continuing to promote as an idol is realistically impossible for her now. She could give birth this year but it'll take a year for her body to recover and I don't think Sunye will leave her kid until he/she's grown up a fair bit, which means she'll at least be 30 by the time she's ready.
9. [+57, -5] As a leader, she should show some consideration for the Wonder Girls' image. How does she expect the rest of the members to live off of the image she wrecked?
10. [+56, -0] I'm not leaving a hateful reply, I just feel bad for the remaining members. Yeeun's smart so she'll get something done but what about Sohee and Lim? Sohee dropped out of high school for the group and Lim joined the group at their downfall and hasn't accomplished anything since. It's great that Sunye is starting a family of her own, but it's only great from HER perspective. The rest of the members were basically fired from the company.
11. [+50, -3] She's so selfish... She's doing everything she wants and praising it as if it's a blessing from God while showing no consideration at all for the other members. Truly your stereotypical religious fanatic.
12. [+48, -1] As a product of the music industry, she's basically over now. No one's going to take a sexy concept from a married woman with a kid. Unless she's going to come out with a mom concept later...
13. [+42, -1] Gorilla, you were fooled. You're the only one that thinks the rumors of disbandment are unfounded. There is only a year left in her contract, right? Judging by what she's doing, she is probably done with you after her contract expires. If she had any intention to continue promoting as an idol, she wouldn't have set up her newlywed home in Canada and gotten pregnant.