SHINee's 'Dream Girl' composer denies plagiarism accusations

Reader request.

-

Article: SHINee 'Dream Girl' composer "This song is not plagiarized"

Source:
Oh My News via Nate

1. [+89, -9] Whatever the case, I think it's the appropriate response for the actual composer to come out and give his official stance like this

2. [+111, -48] I'm not a professional but to give my two cents on the matter... I was once tutored by a music major specializing in harmony on piano chords and she told me that her professor had a melody line that he'd often use so she taught me a lot of songs that had the same melody line because it harmonizes naturally. So I think although the two songs have the same chord line and similar melody lines, I don't think it was a purposeful plagiarization.

3. [+112, -79] He's saying the same thing Park Jin Young said and the 'Loner' composer said ㅋㅋ

4. [+94, -66] So he's saying he only just slightly tweaked it..?

5. [+37, -10] The composer seems to have a lot of pride in the song. He wouldn't be this confident if he had plagiarized it.

6. [+33, -7] I think the popularity of audition programs are making the public grow big heads. The composer explained his stance in full detail and yet people are going on and on about slight changes in this and that... He could explain everything in the world and people would never know what he was talking about, and you wanna know why? Because the public aren't music critics or professionals. This is why there's always such a huge difference in opinion between the judges on audition shows and the viewers ㅡㅡ You only hear as much as you know, and obviously music professionals know more.

7. [+23, -11] I think this whole thing is funny because there are so many lines in this song and yet people are calling it plagiarism based off of one chord based off of a melody that nearly everyone uses.

8. [+21, -13] Seriously, what is up with SHINee these days? Onew's finger, electronic cigarette, Jonghyun's car accident, Dream Girl's plagiarism ㅋㅋㅋ 2013 is SHINee's worst year

9. [+19, -7] I finally got it when he played the keys and compared it for us. It doesn't seem like plagiarism, people should stop.

-