Reader Request: Margaret Thatcher passes away



Article: Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Minster passes away from a stroke

Source: Money Today via Nate

1. [+138, -21] Even the Iron Lady who seemed like she'd be with us forever returns to the earth as a fistful of dirt. Makes me contemplate what we're all here living for today.

2. [+128, -57] I remember her quote “If you just set out to be liked, you will be prepared to compromise on anything at anytime, and would achieve nothing." I think it's something that the people who are asking that we compromise with North Korea in exchange for peace should consider reading... Weigh what is more important.

3. [+75, -12] Another historical figure has left us...

4. [+14, -0] Feels different from all the other news of deaths I've been reading... Still a shock even though I know she's at an age where it's possible.

5. [+15, -6] Opinions on her may be divided but there's no denying that she'll be one of the most remembered figures of 20th century history. Makes me want to watch The Iron lady once again tonight.

6. [+12, -6] loved, loathed, never ignored. May she rest in peace.

-