Netizens give fashion brand 'Boggi Milano' a hard time



Article: Famous brand 'Boggi', why did they have to change their name?

Source: Kyunghyang News via Naver

Fashion brand 'Boggi Milano' became the butt of netizen jokes because of the pronunciation of 'boggi', which is the same as the way 'vagina' is pronounced in Korean (boji). Importers eventually had to get the brand's permission to use an alternative pronunciation in Korea, and they settled on 'bogi'.
"We didn't give them the exact details but we told them that there were some pronunciation issues with the brand. They readily agreed and said it wouldn't be a problem if we changed the pronunciation."  

1. [+351, -15] Imagine if you bought a fur coat from that brand... ㅋㅋㅋㅋ "This is boji fur...ㅋㅋㅋ"

2. [+308, -18] I feel like any female employee who works for that brand will be harassed a lot. Petty customers will come into the store and pester her to pronounce the brand's name. I can already see it happening along with prank calls.

3. [+277, -11] Anyone here to read the comments ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+261, -11] We're now even importing Italian boji ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+216, -11] Honey, can you wash my boji, I have to wear it to work tomorrow.

6. [+188, -11] I wonder if I lost weight, my boji feels a lot looser than it did before. I should get it tailored.

7. [+183, -14]
- Hello, this is 114, how may I help you.
- Can I get the number for the boji store?
- This call is being recorded. You may be fined and receive criminal punishment for prank calls.
- This isn't a prank call. I know it's in the Gangnam area, can you search the number for me?
- For what store?
- Boji.
- Your call has been reported.
- It wasn't a damn prank call!

8. [+130, -8] Welcome customer, how may I help you~~ "Please show me some boji" Sure ^.^;;

9. [+82, -6] Girls, what do you think of my new boji? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+67, -2] I'm selling used boji. Only worn twice. Don't contact me if you're offering under $100.

-