Super Junior's Yesung to enlist in the army this year


Article: SuJu Yesung to enlist in the army this year... farewell greeting "Please don't forget me"

Source:
Mydaily via Nate

1. [+101, -12] Leeteuk is hanging out around Hannam-dong and Heechul can be found in the Octagon Boutique

2. [+67, -12] I really wonder what the Super Junior members would've been had they not become singers... They are treated more highly than what they deserve... Just with military service alone ^^ You'd think that they were enlisting in the marines with the special forces. But then again, the army to them is a place you go after committing a crime, so..

3. [+64, -10] Reminds me of Leeteuk ㅋㅋㅋ With the way he made such a big deal out of it, you'd think he was being dispatched to serve in Somalia ㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+16, -6] He'll probably make a big deal out of it like Leeteuk. Just stay quiet.

5. [+14, -4] Better not cry and make a big deal out of it on TV only to go public service or cop out as a celebrity soldier

-

The next one's a bit of a random article but I thought it offered some alternative perspectives from the fan side of things that were worth reading.

-

Article: Super Junior still continues to dream '1 million concert goers'

Source: Sports Seoul via Naver

1. [+90, -31] Honestly, Super Junior is so mistreated in Korea

2. [+50, -6] If I were Super Junior, I'd promote overseas rather than in Korea.. They acquired such a bad image in Korea because of variety shows (except Kyuhyun and Radio Star). If you look on their Twitters or Weibos, there is more English or Chinese than Korean.. Sigh ㅠ

3. [+63, -19] 8 years... There must be some who were fans when they were younger and are attending concerts now out of nostalgia

4. [+55, -12] (TN: I'm not really sure what this comment is talking about. Language users? I don't know where she's getting these stats) I used Google translator to see and for Super Junior, there were a lot of Chinese, English, Brazilian, Argentenian users. As for Big Bang, a lot of English, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, and Portugal. Both teams are very global. For TVXQ, unfortunately, 70% were made up of Japanese and Chinese and are a bit behind in terms of overseas popularity compared to the first two. SHINee's getting up there. The rest of the Korean male idol groups have a long way to go..

5. [+59, -17] I loved U when I was a junior high school student, can't believe they're already 8 or 9 years into their careers ㅠ I gave up fangirling a couple times in between but I never had a group I loved as much as them ㅋㅋ I hope they last long without disbandment and find a song not made by Yoo Young Jin that helps them gain more popularity ㅋㅋ SJ Punky is seriously not my style, I had to give up fangirling once cause of that ㅠㅠ

6. [+48, -11] The reason Super Junior gets hate as singers is not because of the members' talents but because SM keeps giving them sh*tty songs. They're great singers if you listen to their solo songs, and I consider Kyuhyun and Yesung to be the top 3 when it comes to male idols. It's hard for an idol group to last 8 years like they have and they're already 5 years into running concerts. Fans obviously have a reason for paying and continuing to go to these concerts for all these years. The public seems to think easy of them because the members are in radio, MCing, variety, dramas, basically just this and that... but they've excelled in those areas so I think people just hate for the purpose of hating.

7. [+38, -7] I watch a lot of YouTube videos so I know for sure that Big Bang and Super Junior are the most popular Korean idol groups. I watched K-Pop for two hours a day on YouTube and from what I've found, those two groups have a huge international fanbase, moreso than TVXQ and SHINee.

8. [+40, -9] Whether or not Super Junior's image relies on variety shows, whether they're more popular overseas than in Korea, whether they have 13 members with only 5 second long parts each - it all doesn't change the fact that Super Junior has the #4 biggest fanclub in the world, they make people laugh on variety shows, and they work hard to remain a group. Is it right to criticize or hate on them just because you don't like them?

-