Guckkasten's Ha Hyun Woo's thoughts on idols


-

[TN: These caps are from a few years ago]

"I don't consider the people who calls themselves idols as singers. They are entertainers who are putting on a show, and I personally think what they're presenting is a lie. They say that they became singers by overcoming competition against hundreds and thousands of others, but I'm really curious as to how they actually became singers and with what talent."

"I agree with what he's saying to some extent, but I wouldn't generalize all idols."

"I agree as well. There are more idols who are talentless than there are with talent."

"I'm a fan of idols myself, but I never once thought of them as singers, so I agree."

"I'm also an idol fan... and really, every group has one or two decent singers at best but since they're surrounded by members who can't sing, people exaggerate their talent to be something greater than it is. If they really are in it for the music, they shouldn't be debuting as idols. An idol is basically a product that oppresses musicality."

"I'm also quite surprised and confused as to how all these idols claim they beat out such competition and yet their skills are lackluster at best. I like idols... but I've never liked them for their talents. If they happen to have a great song, then that's great and it make me like them even more but it was never a deciding factor."

"I like singers, entertainers, and idols all the same. Idols have a performance and charm that only they can pull off."

"Idols are the ones that started the K-Pop boom but it wasn't because of their talents as singers but for the performance they put on top of the stage."

-

Source: Instiz

-