Purplay's agency tries to media play with plagiarism controversy, netizens still don't care


Article: Choreography plagiarism controversy Purplay "We received permission from the American dance crew I.am.me"

Source: Kuki news via Nate

On the 19th, their reps stated, "We were surprised to hear about Americans suspecting the choreography to be plagiarized. It is true that the choreography shown in the teaser video was made by the famous American dance crew, I.aM.mE. Before the controversy even arose, we've worked with I.aM.mE's reps and received permission to use the choreography before the music video was even released.

The dance has been nicknamed the 'Cobra dance' and is popular among dancers for its complexity. Purplay is so confident in their dance abilities that they know they wouldn't lose to any girl group in the market so they wanted to use the dance to show that they could pull it off and as a sign of respect to I.aM.mE. We're just sorry to I.aM.mE's fans for bringing about confusion with our lack of communication with their American reps."

1. [+51, -0] They can media play all they want but I forget their name once I move on to read another article

2. [+38, -0] That's great and all but who are you

3. [+36, -2] No comments, no votes, and the article's ranked 22nd... (TN: currently in the top 5)

-