Dispatch basically re-compiled all of the stuff netizens managed to find and summed it up in an article. Other media outlets are more or less copying netizen sources.
Sickkkkk how they're trying to pass off netizen work as their own 'exclusive' content. Korean journalism, hip hip hoorah!
Article: [Exclusive] 'Jungle' found to have filmed through tourism courses... Natives "As long as you pay, anything is OK"
Source: Dispatch via Nate
1. [+1,013, -42] So Dispatch makes the finishing stroke... Putting an end to the show..
2. [+760, -36] Dispatch scares me now...
3. [+399, -11] The most ridiculous part about the show are the captions... "A mysterious cave never visited by any outsider..." ㅋㅋㅋ And all of the interviews in the middle.. Daebak, they were all fake.. The Millennium Cave course is only 30 minutes by foot and yet the show dramatized it...
Article: 'Laws of the Jungle' under more controversy for staged footage.. 600$ tourism course?
Source: Herald News via Nate
1. [+364, -15] So why do they insist on saying every situation is 100% real... Every viewer that actually believed that was basically stabbed in the back. They should've let us know about this beforehand.. But they're too blinded by money so they continue to fool the viewers..
2. [+339, -17] I get that it's a variety show so a certain level of manipulation is to be expected but they're the ones pushing the reality concept over the viewers... These are not just a few evidences coming up, these are many.. What a way to end the show overnight.
3. [+303, -19] I used to love this show and I was one of the netizens who shielded it when articles about it being fake started to come up.. I didn't want to believe it. But day by day, more and more evidence is coming up.. and now I don't think I can believe in the show anymore. It's not even disappointment, it's a feeling of betrayal.
Article: Kim Byung Man clarifies manipulation controversy "I will put my life on the line to say the truth"
Source: Sports World via Nate
"I can say with confidence that some of the things we saw before our eyes put us in a life or death situation. There seems to be some misunderstanding over the places we visited being tourism packages but those packages guided you through easy paths that anyone can travel in. We purposely chose the more difficult paths to show viewers how we were able to overcome difficult situations. We really all genuinely did our best for the show. The only goal we have is to show the viewers how hard we work."
1. [+130, -24] "You can't startle him! Because then we'll have to pay an extra fee"
(TN: When the team would come across natives/native villages, Kim Byung Man would often tell the team to refrain from startling/pissing off the natives in case they reacted violently)
2. [+84, -6] I'm sure he wouldn't be able to say all this when he sees the evidence going around. It's not a matter of how hard they worked... What's important is that they lied to and tricked the viewers.
3. [+87, -22] You can't startle these people!!!!!! They'll card us if we startle them.