Article: SM "We will release an edited version of 'Dancing Queen' MV without the controversial scene"
Source: Star News via Nate
1. [+551, -151] Honestly, SNSD's new song is bad and it doesn't have any of SNSD's feel to it... I don't even feel excited anymore...
2. [+370, -67] How did they miss something that could create controversy while editing the video...? Pretty sure they could've checked it before uploading it... ㅋ
3. [+244, -55] How did people even spot those small letters?
So remember that post about those who shall not be named that I wrote earlier? Sones tried the same thing here but failed quite miserably. Remember, anything outside of the top 3 are not best replies but I'm including them anyway to give you a bigger picture.
Article: 'Comeback' SNSD, beautiful legs and hips 'sexy hip hop girls'
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+528, -127] I know that SNSD really rehearsed a lot and practiced so hard for their new choreography, but SM's new music style seems to be going in a direction that the public doesn't want.. You can tell with TVXQ and Suju.. Soshi's so pretty but the concept and song's convoluted ㅜ Or maybe I'm just not used to it yet because I'm used to more feminine concepts.. I liked Dancing Queen, but I guess I'll need to warm up to the title track. Either way, I'm glad that it's evident that the girls really worked hard preparing for this.
2. [+275, -114] Wow, look at their fandom go ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ. What exactly was so great amazing about this stage? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ If they're running with the title of Korea's #1 girl group, then they should've prepared more for their comeback stage. They sang Dancing Queen live when it doesn't even have that much dancing to begin with and then lip synced for I Got a Boy ㅋㅋ How is a lip synced stage amazing?
3. [+283, -221] The stupid fandom is coming ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+276, -303] Daebak
5. [+257, -284] The stage was amazing hehe
6. [+251, -277] 'Definitely' SNSD!! The best!!
7. [+245, -238] Soshi has the power of even pulling in hateful losers... I know they watched the stage anyway ㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+229, -256] I love you SNSD~
9. [+215, -240] The girls were amazing. Who said that the group is over? They're still SNSD
10. [+215, -244] The stage was the best. Definitely SNSD.
11. [+193, -220] Wow, you really have to watch SNSD's stage, it was amazing. They rehearsed to the point of fainting for their comeback show, I hope this promotion goes well~
12. [+178, -198] I'm already used to how amazing they are but was still impressed with today's comeback. Anyone that didn't watch shouldn't have an opinion.
13. [+159, -183] Amazing, I thought I was watching a musical.
14. [+158, -180] I never knew girls could be so amazing.
15. [+154, -168] The stage was the best ! SNSD fighting ~
16. [+146, -167] SNSD is the best. What more needs to be said?
And before anyone asks, the difference between this and those who shall not be named is that it's a one time thing. There were plenty of SNSD article releases last night that Sones could've spammed to the top but they didn't (this article only managed to reach 8th).
I think they just recognized that some damage control needed to be done here and came in in droves to leave positive comments, which were all voted down anyway (but does anyone else agree that these fans could use a little help in the comment construction department? I think even I could write a more positive SNSD comment without being so obvious). The second difference? They stuck strictly to articles about SNSD.
In the end, both are bad attempts at fan-run media play and I'll call it out when I see it like I promised. ("But NB," you may ask, "what about the positive dumps!!?" Nobody really disputes the best replies even if they were obviously written by fans because they either agree anyway or don't have anything else to say about the artist or simply don't care. It's just a fan comment that people happened to agree with and moved on, not an organized run-in. And if it really was fandom orchestrated, the rest of the comments outside of the best replies will say so, which usually aren't the case with positive dumps anyway. They're all more or less in line in agreement with each other.)