Article: Sung Yuri "I cried from guilt for my stunt double"
Source: OSEN via Nate
"A female action actress was used as my stunt double for an abuse scene. I cried out of guilt for her. At first, I wanted to complete the scene on my own but got scared after I was hit a few times and asked the director to bring in a stand-in for me. I was so sorry but another stand-in was called in for the scene. I thought that someone with more weight to them would be used but she was a small, frail action actress, and I couldn't help but cry out of guilt as I watched her get hit for me. I regret the decision."
1. [+599, -96] If you were guilty, you should've just done the scene yourself. You basically just kept watching and did nothing about your guilt.
2. [+469, -84] A thin actress? Then are you trying to say that it's okay for someone heavier to be abused?
3. [+470, -97] Reading this after reading another article about Choi Soo Jong being involved in a horse accident, just wow... She should've just stuck with the scene and get hit a few times. She's being paid for her job.
4. [+110, -10] Hul... she's being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars and it's not like the scene was some elaborate action scene that called for physical help, she just didn't want to be hit a few times so she called for a stunt double??... It hurts ANYONE to be hit... And what is she even saying about the body shapes? It doesn't matter whether you're thin or bigger, it still hurts the same. Aigoo, this woman...
5. [+98, -10] I'm pretty sure there are other actresses that are willing to do it themselves, why even use an actress with a mindset like this?
6. [+72, -1] I'm suddenly reminded of a scene that left the greatest impression of me... That scene in 'Stairway to Heaven' when Lee Chwi Hyang slapped Park Shin Hye really hard. That scene took real, hard 30 slaps to complete.
7. [+70, -4] Not good to read at all;;; Why do you think Ha Ji Won went to such lengths to do all of the action scenes herself? tsk tsk tsk
8. [+65, -7] One of the many reasons Sung Yuri is still not regarded as a real actress