Article: A class idols get paid $60,000 USD per event, $40,000 difference depending on popularity
Source: Newsen via Nate
Aside from your weekly music shows, we all know that idols sometimes perform at colleges/festivals/other minor events to make extra cash. 'Entertainment Relay' revealed that top idols can make up from $40,000 to $60,000 USD per event. Other idols normally receive up to $20,000 USD.
1. [+250, -11] It'd be better for colleges to just invite a few talented students up to the stage for festivals and use all that money they're spending on idols to lesson the financial burden of tuition instead...
2. [+207, -10] Does anyone think that's a justifiable pay that idols deserve? Entertainment companies are calling all of the shots and these event organizers are catering to all of them... The world is seriously getting crazier by the day.
3. [+201, -35] I heard IU earned about $40,000... I wonder how much she can get now.
4. [+47, -3] This is why everyone and their mothers are trying to be idols
5. [+43, -1] I still can't forget the time f(x) and SHINee came to our district for a festival and we all waited for a long time thinking they'd sing at least one song but they just greeted us and left ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Everyone swore ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+43, -3] Are idol songs even deserving of being paid $60,000 to listen to...
7. [+36, -0] Maybe this is why SNSD split into Taetiseo.... (TN: article mentioned that the money is divided between the members fairly)
8. [+32, -1] <2012 College Event Pay> SNSD ($50~60k), Big Bang ($45~50k), IU ($40~45k), SISTAR ($38~40k), KARA ($33~35k), T-ara ($30~35k), miss A ($25~30k), 4minute ($25k)
9. [+29, -5] Especially SM's songs aren't deserving of being paid $60,000
10. [+26, -1] Wow, so they only sing one or two songs and make $60,000 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ