I've received a lot of requests for both SM and YG. There aren't a lot of responses to either related articles because the discussion is not centered on SM and YG losing/making profits, but rather on another issue.
The entertainment industry is basically trying to chalk up the profits produced by the gaming industry as their own to the media (to cover for the loss they're seeing), but netizens caught on to that ploy and are calling them out on it. This is referred to as 'bubbling', or blowing a bubble into the truth to make something bigger/grander than it is in reality.
I've included an extra article below to kind of give you a general picture.
Article: The power of 'Gangnam Style'... Culture Service sees its first profits
Source: Joongang Ilbo via Nate
1. [+33, -3] Don't even bullsh*t me. The gaming industry is the one that turned up all these profits but K-Pop is trying to paint it as their own! 70% of the profits came from the gaming industry, who are you trying to fool!
2. [+24, -3] It's the power of the gaming industry.
3. [+15, -3] Yang Hyun Suk, Psy, you better quit with your media play. How much did you lobby for this. Why are you distorting the data by taking the numbers for culture profits to Psy's name. Stupid journalist. Psy released his music in the 3rd quarter, which the numbers for haven't even been released yet. You guys are so pathetic. This is why Psy's being suspected for all sorts of crap.
Article: YG made $13.8 million USD up to September... How much including Lee Hi?
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+143, -32] We already know that the entertainment industry is barely crawling by...... Did Yang force you to write this article.... Seeing as how it's OSEN, looks like I'm right ㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+129, -27] Oh, it's OSEN
3. [+124, -29] Look at YG media playing about their money the minute SM is revealed to have cut a loss and people start finding out that the entertainment industry is bubbling their profits
4. [+36, -4] Lee Hi is just a rookie, why is her name even being mentioned in the title;; She's not big enough to bring in millions yet..
5. [+36, -1] The intentions behind this article is so obvious... Yesterday and today, there have been so many reports of the entertainment industry bubbling and lying about their numbers, causing people to sell off their stocks. And here YG comes with their media play showing off their money... How many people will actually believe it and start buying entertainment stock again?