Fu*k my life.
Article: "She's really ugly"... Block B swept in controversy for making fun of girl group looks
Source: Mydaily via Nate [allkpop article here]
There are a lot of comments referring to 'stupid fangirls' because obviously since the article title/caps and content were taken out of context, fangirls were trying to explain what really happened to clear the misunderstanding, which netizens didn't care enough to read or lweoifu0943tu3209u30wjfFUCKFJEOIE4PO030298IALKEJEFOWPIWOLEIFJO.J.
I'm sure AKP will post it sooner or later but what went down was that the MTV PDs asked the boys the question, "Is there a girl group member that you can't recognized bare faced/without make up?" and Taeil said something that the editors bleeped out, making the viewers assume that he had actually answered with the name of a girl group. He also said, "She is really ugly" and that "She is a con". In the end, it was revealed that he was actually teasing the maknae MTV writer because he had seen her bare face while on an MT trip the previous week. You could hear the maknae writer laughing off camera.
Some netizen then just posted up these caps without any explanation and made it seem as if Taeil had really picked out a girl group member and was consequently bleeped out for it. Journalists took it out of context and ran with it, making a big enough deal where MTV PDs had to step in and write up a post explaining that the bleeps were meant as a joke and that it was their editing error that made it seem like that in the caps. Taeil was in fact just messing around with their maknae writer.
While I'm on the topic, I'd just like to add that Match Up is really a show you have to watch to understand the dynamics in the relationship between Block B and the PDs. They live to torture one another. That's how close they are and that's just how they express it. The MTV PDs absolutely adore Block B but they also adore making their lives hell as well (they purposely dedicated an episode to bungee jumping knowing that the maknae had previously chosen it as his greatest fear, as well as start off each and every episode promising not to protect their rights as idols). So was it wrong for Taeil to call someone ugly... yeah. But is it normal within the context of his relationship with the MTV PDs, also yeah... am I rambling because I'm upset... yeah........ life of a fangirl, yo..
1. [+1,196, -306] It's that $7 group. They haven't failed yet?
2. [+1,027, -267] Wow, look at all these stupid fangirls
3. [+951, -259] Stupid fangirls ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+273, -57] These guys are no good. Their mouths are trash and their brains are filled with sh*t. Shame the country, shame their parents...
5. [+241, -54] Aigoo look at all these stupid fangirls ㅋㅋ If Taeil was really referring to the maknae writer, the PDs would've released the original recording without the bleep censors ㅋㅋㅋ The only solution to this group is disbandment. Fuc* off Downfall B.
6. [+219, -54] Are they the next T-ara?
7. [+201, -52] tsk tsk delinquent group. Thought they woke up a bit after their Thai scandal ㅋㅋ Don't they know that they're just as ugly themselves considering they're idols? And that Zico kid or whatever, he's so cocky because he thinks he's hip hop and he's worth something.
8. [+183, -53] Amazing Block B's stupid fangirls... So scary..
9. [+170, -41] These delinquents are still promoting?
10. [+148, -43] What I'm definitely sure of is that their stupid fangirls top in the most useless category ㅋㅋㅋ