IU to go into acting instead of college + receiving drama love calls


Article: Instead of college, IU will go into acting "Drama love calls"

Source:
Star News via Nate

1. [+601, -44] I'm an IU fan myself, but please don't take any lead roles. I've seen too many idols to count take on lead roles without the proper acting skills and consequently get hated on for it. Just start with a side roll and slowly work your way up, build experience, and then take on lead roles or whatever it is that you want to do...

As a fan, yeah I'm happy to see IU on dramas, but I think she shouldn't take it unless she's willing to work as hard if not harder than other actresses, whether it's a minor role or even smaller. You need to really want it to be an actor. It's the only way I think IU can keep the image she has now...

2. [+560, -37] IU is the only one I can consider calling an actual 'singer'... So why can't she just stick to singing if she's a singer? I want to see acting from real, prepared actors, so leave it to them.

3. [+468, -22] Just sing.. when's her next album out???

4. [+78, -3] I really hoped IU would just focus on singing so why is she insisting on going down a path to failure.......

5. [+67, -3] As a fan, I really want IU to just stick to music. I'm against idols coming out on dramas with poor acting skills just because they're a bit popular...

-