Article: [Exclusive] Park Bom to feature in Epik High's new song.... 'YG support'
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+222, -28] Love Epik High
2. [+210, -41] Park Bom seems to feature for a lot of YG artists. She did most of the features for GD's songs.
3. [+180, -28] I already expected it... I'm personally curious about whether Teddy, GD, TOP, or CL featured in the album too...
4. [+36, -17] I know there's a discrepancy with her live skills, but songs with Park Bom's featurings usually do well on the digital charts. Aren't songs like "I Cheated" and "Oh Yeah" proof of that?
5. [+28, -11] I like Park Bom's voice in songs like "Baby Boy" as opposed to her higher pitch used in "Can't Nobody" and "Oh Yeah".
On the contrary, there were a lot of comments also along the lines of those translated below. I know this was also a concern among i-fans judging from the comments I read here last time. YG fans are definitely happy about there being a lot of YG featurings in Epik High's work, whereas there are just as much people against it. There's a clear divide from what I see.
"Personally, I like Epik High's older style compared to their new YG style.. when they used to feature people like Jisun, ONE, Yoongjin..."
"I would like it if YG didn't feature in Epik High's albums... Epik High already has their own style. I was worried when they said they were joining YG. Personally, I like hip hop songs that are Epik style like Broken Toys over some of the more public-friendly songs with female featurings.."
"YG needs to stop trying to lump in other artists with each comeback. I really don't even understand why Lee Hayi was put in It's Cold. It's not like the song brought out her colors at all."
"I want Epik High to go back to their old colors and only take in YG's support when they want it. I really liked discovering new artists through Epik High and their featurings... but everyone already knows about YG's artists. Epik High really spotlighted a lot of underground rappers and indie bands."
"YG makes me worry because they made Tablo's solo centered around Taeyang. Epik High really doesn't need any famous featuring names in their work because their songs already shine on their name. Just don't do the feature..."
"As long as they're in YG now, you can pretty much bet that Epik High has lost their color. These featurings are probably all decided by Yang Hyun Suk so we won't be able to see any more but a few songs that have vocal featurings of Epik High's color."