Hyuna's hot, no questions about it. She's got a banging body to boot and has a bubbly variety personality that makes me see her as the ideal K-Pop idol. She puts on a great show and knows how to entertain.
You could say I'm a fan of Hyuna. When she's muted.
As someone who's had "Kangnam Style" on repeat for the past month, I was looking forward to "Oppa's Just My Style" until about the first 18 seconds in. I was more surprised when I scrolled down to read comments saying it sounded great.
Article: Hyuna 'Oppa's Just My Style' MV release, what's Hyuna's horse dance like
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+715, -72] Her voice was unbearable to listen to;;;
2. [+528, -61] The original song is way better
3. [+482, -149] She doesn't even have eyebrows
Article: 'Oppa's Just My Style' MV release, Psy and Hyuna's synergy 'exceeds Kangnam'
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+581, -17] They should've stopped at Psy..... It was perfect right then... TT
2. [+553, -28] Hyuna is really bad at singing.. Let's just try to win with dance and visuals..
3. [+530, -25] Exceeding Kangnam my butt ㅋㅋㅋㅋ She was way better just dancing in the back in Kangnam Style. I had no idea Hyuna was this bad at both singing and rapping.
The following is a long post on Nate Pann that was in the top 5 last night. The post is basically a rant about how Hyuna needs to practice her singing more because "Oppa's Just My Style" was horrific.
1. [+1,403, -84] Honestly speaking, anyone can tell that Hyuna is pretty and has an awesome body in the music video. If I were a boy, I would've really wanted her. However, this song should not be accepted. I know that she's pretty with an awesome body, but her voice does not match the song at well.
2. [+1,282, -93] The OP is right, Hyuna is pretty and has a nice body but she calls herself a rapper and can't even rap nor sing. Is that what a singer is? And it's true that she ruined Kangnam Style. I was really looking forward to it, but "Oppa's Just My Style" should not be accepted.
3. [+1,102, -88] The OP is saying nothing wrong. Even guys will admit that her face can't cover her bad singing. There are people arguing that she's a rapper, but if she's going to sing, shouldn't she have practiced singing a bit before coming out with something like this? Why sing if you can't sing? Is she trying to embarrass Korea globally? She ruined a song that Psy worked hard to bring to fame in America ㅋㅋㅋ And she should've known that she'd receive criticisms the minute she listened to it, but the bigger problem is that she still let it be released. Did she think that everyone would just look at her body instead of listen to the song?
Source: Nate Pann