On August 4th, one member of a community called 'Today's Humor' held a one-man protest in front of the Core Contents Media building after T-Jinyo announced they're fucking around with CCM.
According to netizen accounts, there were protests held nationwide in some of the bigger cities to bring attention to the issues of bullying and ostracization through T-ara's controversy.
Article: 'T-ara Protest' one man protest... a shout to end bullying
Source: ENews via Nate
1. [+444, -11] He is amazing... that's all I can say. I don't think he'll ever get bullied in his life due to lack of determination.. I hope he is careful not to get hit by rice cakes in this sweltering heat... I have deep respect for him.
2. [+389, -19] I'm also a member of Today's Humor. T-Jinyo really needs to reflect on their latest actions and decisions, and Core Contents also needs to reflect and apologize for this issue. I'm really thankful that the members of Today's Humor are not all talk and no action like T-Jinyo but people that move their words into actions.
3. [+374, -8] Not only Seoul, but there were also protests in Daegu, Gunsan, and Kyungbodae Beach!! We need to stop bullying!
Majority of the best replies of all related articles were supporting the man and showing their respect towards him. The signs they're holding state: "Don't justify bullying", "Bullying is a form of character murder", "Need for anti bullying and prevention education", "There is no such thing as deserving to be bullied", "Cut the roots of bullying, bullying is murder".
Article: 'Fan Anger' Eggs thrown at T-ara's building
Source: Sports Chosun via Nate
1. [+412, -15] Increasing the members to seven is not the problem, but the bullying.
2. [+415, -21] What a nutcase why would you throw it at the street across from it? You're supposed to throw it at Kim Kwang Soo. Now the cleaning ladies are the only ones suffering --
3. [+443, -120] Not there! Should've thrown it at Rice Cake Eunjung mom's cafe
The next two are editorials discussing/assessing T-ara's controversy.
Article: 'T-ara Controversy' a week has passed, why is the case still 'noisy'?
Source: Hanguk Ilbo via Nate
1. [+629, -10] Because T-ara is still being disrespectful
2. [+609, -11] Why is still noisy? Because their explanation or apology was too obvious and one sided in that it put one person down for their benefit... Expect it to be noisy until they disband.
3. [+597, -16] T-ara is a criminal group. They auctioned their bodies to older men, beat up fellow students to the point where they were forced to transfer schools, stripped on webcam while still a minor, and now they've bullied another member as an entire group.
Article: T-ara has become a mess, how they can be forgiven
Source: Mediaus via Nate
1. [+1,398, -29] The funny thing is that they never even asked for forgiveness and yet here they are worrying about whether they'll be forgiven or not.
2. [+1,224, -31] I believe it's too late to be completely forgiven. They should've acknowledged their mistakes right away when rumors of their bullying were first introduced. The case wouldn't have gotten this big if they had admitted to being short on thought and apologized to Hwayoung. But instead, they've hidden behind their CEO all this while without a peep. The fact that they're trying to be forgiven now while having done nothing to fix the problem just seems like a desperate ploy to continue their careers as celebrities. They still don't know how severe their actions were in affecting the life of one person. That is why I don't believe that they deserve to live out their careers as an idol to our youth.
3. [+1,139, -32] It's become too far to ask for forgiveness. The thing with bullying is that it's a form of murder, just that you're not using a knife or a gun. What's the difference between what they're doing and a murderer who stabbed someone not feeling any remorse until people got up in an uproar and demanded an apology? At minimum, the girls need to be chased out of the industry.
I'd love to have some non T-ara related content up for you soon, but yeah, the spotlight is still strong on T-ara.