TOP will be playing the role of a retired idol on 'Squid Game 2'

Article: What character will TOP play in 'Squid Game 2'?

Source: Insight + Idol Issue via Instagram

[+512] He will play a "former idol who retired," so he should keep things realistic by also adding a plot point of having to retire because of drug abuse ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+345] I can't believe we're still living in a time where we can't cast an actor who is better at rapping and dancing than TOP ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+242] Really? We couldn't cast anyone else for this role? I bet there are a ton of other actors who can rap and dance just as well...

[+102] Change his character to "forced to retire due to druga buse"... Our director-nim left out the drug abuse part of his character, sigh...

[+99] So who vouched for his acting skills? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+90] I feel like Jung Sang Soo would've been a better casting than him

[+57] I don't get the point of squeezing him in like this when there are so many more deserving actors... It's not like he's a "daebak guarantee" or anything either... 

[+30] So all they needed for this role was an actor who could rap and dance??? Why not Park Jung Min??? That would've been so amazing...

[+29] There has to be so many better actors who can dance better than TOP, maybe not rap as well as Big Bang or anything, but come on.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Well, he's been chosen already, so... the rest is up to the viewers to the judge.

[+28] They cast him for his dancing? ㅋㅋ When he's been known his entire career as Bingu TOP...? ㅋ

[+18] They cast him because he can "rap"? ㅋㅋㅋ I can rap too if you give me some soju

[+15] Okay, since when were his "acting skills recognized with Tazza 2"....????

[+13] They even got Jo Yoori in here, really trying to cash in on those idol fandoms 😂

[+11] I can't believe he still hasn't left the show yet

[+9] Since when was TOP considered a... good dancer...? Why not just cast Taeyang for this role instead?.......... because I remember TOP not even bothering to get on the stage in some of Big Bang's past performances.......

[+9] Dancing?

[+8] I would've been fine with his casting if this was a completely new series but it pisses me off that it's so obvious he's trying to ride on the fame of a worldwide hit like 'Squid Game'... I really don't think I'll be able to stay immersed in his scenes ㅠ

[+3] If all they needed was a singer actor, there's also Yoon Kye Sang

[+2] Netflix is the idiot for agreeing to cast this kid... sigh

[+2] I seriously can't stand him

-