Children campaign to remove the word 'drug' from trendy "addictive" foods like 'mayak kimbap'

 

Article: Elementary school students don't want 'drug kimbap' or 'drug jellies'... "We petition to ban the word 'drug' on commercial products"

Source: E-Daily via Naver

[+1,603, -6] These students are doing such a good thing. I support them~!!

[+739, -1] I support them all the way. There has been a rise in drug crimes, and it's not good that we're normalizing the word 'drug' just to describe something as "delicious" like a kimbap. 

[+194, -4] I don't know why we even started putting drug in front of these names. I won't be buying anything with such a name anymore.

[+126, -6] My son saw the word 'drug' on a menu board and told me to report them to the police.

[+101, -0] I support this... We definitely should not be trying to glamorize the word apart from its meaning. 

[+52, -2] Such smart kids. I support them! I'm looking forward to a future led by such smart children!!

[+22, -0] The word 'drug' should definitely not be used so easily and freely. 

[+11, -1] Just penalize any restaurant that puts 'drug' in front of their food products!!! We should not be normalizing the word in everyday life...

[+9, -0] Yes, erase it. The kids are right.

[+9, -0] 'Drug ddukbokgi' always bothered me. Change it all. 

[+8, -0] Using the word 'drug' to describe something as addictive is no longer a joke. Drugs have become highly problematic in our society and is no longer a thing that can be ignored. I also support the halt of 'drug marketing' campaigns with food. 

[+8, -0] The blame goes to us adults. I'm sorry for making you children think that drugs are something so normal, something that you can just drink like water. 

-