Some Japanese viewers of 'Boys Planet' take issue with trainee's comfort women badge



Article: 'Boys Planet' trainee targeted by Japanese viewers after being caught on screen with a badge promoting comfort women awareness

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+173] What I find funny is why the Japanese are so up in arms over our decision to memorialize our comfort women?? Surely they're not denying the very existence of comfort women? That they were used in the war?? To my knowledge, there has never not been a case in all the wars throughout history where women were not abused. 

2. [+136] The Japanese viewers aren't the only voters. We will load up the votes for you! And let's please not forget our history 🙏🏻

3. [+76] I'll vote for you, Seunghwan 👏 My entire family will 👏👏

4. [+56] Lee Seunghwan fighting!! ❤️❤️

5. [+54] What an upright young man 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

6. [+23] There is no future for a country of people who have forgotten their history, just like how there is no future for people who distort their past. We can move forward together toward the future, but we must never forget our history. 👏👏👏👏👏

7. [+21] Well, it looks like we're going to have to make sure he debuts no matter what

8. [+18] To Koreans, the subject of comfort women is a painful piece of our history. If you attack a Korean for memorializing such people, we will find strength and support him even harder...! Find strength, trainee Lee Seunghwan! 👏

9. [+3] I don't watch this at all but I'll be voting

10. [+2] This grandma will send you a vote, poor baby...

11. [+1] Okay, this is my sign to vote. Installing the Mnet app, logging in, clicking on the Boys Planet vote banner, and choosing Lee Seunghwan 👍🏻

12. [+1] I'm proud of him, I'll be going to vote for him

-