YouTubers who summarize dramas for content face copyright issues

Article: Copyright controversy over YouTubers who create 'drama/movie review' content

Source: Financial News via Naver

1. [+1,295, -202] But what about on the contrary when you discover a new drama because of YouTube reviews that got you curious enough to watch?

2. [+740, -38] I like the YouTube summaries because they cut out all the cringey and childish dialogue and edit only the main plot points. Even the most boring drama suddenly becomes watchable with a little editing. 

3. [+394, -31] Better than torrenting the dramas, I suppose

4. [+270, -28] It is completely a copyright issue. I understand posting reviews and summaries of really old movies but they shouldn't be doing it with recent episodes.

5. [+140, -17] It is a copyright issue and it should be handled the way music copyright is handled on YouTube.

6. [+115, -4] But Korean dramas really aren't more than their synopses ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'll often watch these summaries and be like "oh? this sounds fun" and I'll go watch the first episode and I'm like "nevermind."

7. [+83, -6] I get that these summary videos impact viewer ratings but... if it's good, I'll still go back and watch the whole episode. These summaries are really just short-form reviews. If the actual drama or movie is good enough, people will go watch the whole thing... and if it isn't, the review's as far as they'll go.

8. [+41, -2] I've noticed a lot of the more famous reviewers are working in collaboration with production companies already. I much prefer watching review content than the actual drama because it gives me more time to do other things like read.

9. [+16, -3] I think people have just gotten too used to short-form content. No one reads or watches long movies anymore...

10. [+9, -1] Drama summaries cut out all the slow points in the plot... I basically don't have to put up with everything that makes Kim Eun Sook dramas frustrating

11. [+4, -0] I do have to admit, I have stopped watching movies ever since I started watching summary videos ㅎ

12. [+6, -3] I knew this would become an issue. But I have to wonder... what's the point in watching summaries of all these fun dramas and movies? What's the point in getting to the final results just a bit faster? ㅋㅋㅋ Isn't the point of dramas to watch the process of how it all plays out, which makes the ending result that much more enjoyable? ㅋㅋㅋ You could have three hours of enjoyment but you're choosing just an hour. How is that better?

13. [+3, -0] Maybe dramas should be cut down to the summarized lengths in the first place then

14. [+3, -0] I think where reviews/summaries cross the line is when they spoil the entire ending. You can't really shield this type of content ㅋ especially the ones with endings included ㅋㅋㅋ

15. [+3, -0] Too bad because summaries are better to watch

-