Grandson of former president Chun Doo Hwan exposes family's ill-gotten wealth, now in critical condition after drug-fueled live stream

Article: "Chun Doo Hwan's grandson is not breathing" in critical condition after drug use on live stream

Source: News 1 via Naver [more news here]

1. [+1,389, -163] It feels like he is bearing the punishment of the sins of his elders, how unfortunate ㅠ

2. [+1,052, -33] If you want to get proper justice for your mother and expose your family for it, then you need to hang on to your life with a clear mind. Doing this to yourself in the middle of it all will end up with nothing getting accomplished at all. Sigh.

3. [+440, -22] The reason he did drugs on stream is because he explicitly wanted to go to jail. "Why am I doing this? Because I have to go to jail. I have to test positive for everything. I have to take these drugs on stream like this to be penalized by the law. I am also in possession of drugs. I am going to take them and head to the airport. A criminal should have nothing to hide." He had turned himself in countless times but was exempted from investigations so he figured if he tested positive for drugs and there was live stream evidence of it, there's no way the police couldn't investigate him then.

4. [+300, -47] I wonder what this was, a s*icide attempt? Now that it's all out in the open and he's exposed to the dangers with no back up? The US will obviously look into it now that he's been arrested and all that corrupted money is going to be chased down by them. If this is the chain reaction he was hoping for, he's smart... but first thing's first, I hope that he makes a healthy recovery.

5. [+253, -25] Ah~ how unfortunate. I pray that he recovers.

6. [+72, -11] My heart breaks for him... I can't imagine the difficulties he must've faced all his life squeezed in between all the crimes of his grandfather and his people. May God help him and save him. Help him continue to fight for the weak in our society 🙏

7. [+51, -3] Feels like a lot is weighing on his shoulders.. and he desperately needs the help of those around him.

8. [+48, -4] I feel sympathy for him. Born as Chun Doo Hwan's grandson, he probably faced a lot of scrutinies and pointed fingers all his life. How much internal debate must he have gone through in the process of becoming an adult? At least now we know that even the worst of criminals may someday see karma through the sacrifices of their future offspring.

9. [+31, -1] Why did he choose to do drugs in this moment, though? What if everyone takes all of his confessions to be nothing but a drugged-up confession? Either way, I hope nothing terrible happens to him.

10. [+31, -5] I'm sure he must've been terrified to learn that his grandfather was a murderer. May he recover his health. 

11. [+27, -2] Why is he choosing to bear the weight of the responsibility of his parents and family all on his own... I feel so bad for him...

12. [+26, -1] So sad.. may he recover soon 🙏🏻

13. [+24, -1] So unfortunate. I know he feels lonely and afraid but I hope he hangs on to his mental.

14. [+18, -0] I hope that this was all staged, because it's probably better for him that he remains in US police custody in this moment. All I can hope is that the truth wins in the end.

15. [+18, -3] He's basically trying to break a boulder with an egg. He's begun a fight that will be difficult on his own... but this is our reality.

-