Min Hee Jin and Bang Shi Hyuk in discussion to be offered director positions at SM

Article: Bang Shi Hyuk and Min Hee Jin eyeing for director spots in SM? Stock prices fluctuate over change in votes

Source: Han via Naver

1. [+673, -8] Looks like Min Hee Jin is fated to be with SM through any means, she ends up connected to them no matter what

2. [+366, -55] I'm just glad Kakao isn't getting SM, we can finally take the Chinese taint off of them

3. [+257, -12] Lee Soo Man with his dreams of Chinese submission can step back, as well as Kakao with their Chinese investments, move aside.. please ㅠ

4. [+230, -8] Min Hee Jin would be good as an SM director. She knows the system better than most.

5. [+92, -7] I just want Kakao and Lee Soo Man both out

6. [+53, -0] Min Hee Jin's probably feeling like "I mean, I resigned from the company but they just kept following me?"

7. [+28, -1] Whatever happens, Min Hee Jin wins everything in the end

8. [+26, -0] The best thing that can happen to SM in 2023 is for Lee Soo Man to leave, with Yoo Young Jin and all their Chinese trainees following them.

9. [+27, -4] Honestly, Min Hee Jin is probably the best choice for SM CEO at this point

10. [+22, -0] Amazing of Min Hee Jin... left SM just to return as their director ㅎㅎ

11. [+17, -3] Hybe wins all around in this deal ㅋㅋ

12. [+8, -0] Min Hee Jin's career trajectory is so drama-like. She left SM for various reasons just to hit daebak with New Jeans! And now the CEO that she left is being left in the fields and she's now a top contender for not only CEO but director, too. With her at the helm, this will give a better chance for the SM idols to actually be competitive for once.

13. [+7, -0] Judging by Min Hee Jin's interviews, I think she'll turn down the offer to focus on Adore

14. [+11, -5] Min Hee Jin + Bang Shi Hyuk = just shut up and take it, they're the best of the best

15. [+7, -1] It's game over for everyone if Min Hee Jin and Bang Shi Hyuk get in

-

Source: Idol Issue via Instagram

1. [+185] Shi Hyuk-ssi... enough's enough, isn't it...?

2. [+146] Can we please just maintain the top 3 as they are...?

3. [+148] Hmm, I personally like Min Hee Jin's style. Most of my favorite SM albums are the ones that she worked on... Though I'm sure news of this new position for her is pretty shocking for SM fans. SM has cultivated their own traditional style now, that futuristic feel, that I wonder how she'll fit into...

4. [+171] What the f*ck is this? So SM idols and their fans are being thrown aside? I'm sick of all this drama with the agencies, and I'm sick of Lee Soo Man acting irresponsible like this. This is 100% going to cause all my favorite SM groups to have their comebacks postponed and now I'm doubting that I'll ever get to see my favorite colors at the SM concerts.

5. [+68] Please stop all of this... why is Hybe trying to change SM into Hybe... please, please don't take on any director positions in SM...

6. [+78] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ... now this is just pissing me off....

7. [+20] Bang Shi Hyuk, that's going too far...

8. [+13] Are they ccccccccccccrazy...???????

9. [+54] Bang Shi Hyuk, please just give Lee Soo Man back his contract instead

10. [+20] Hybe was best back when they were only Big Hit... Sure, I bet they're making a ton of money now... but I'm losing the will to fangirl with all these changes. Whatever, I'll stuck to BTS 😢 I'm a BTS fan, never a Hybe fan..

11. [+29] Wait, wasn't the promise of the acquisition that they'd let SM be SM? If they put Bang Shi Hyuk and Min Hee Jin as directors in SM, that's turning SM into Hybe. SM should be allowed to keep their unique style separate from Hybe's influence... I will leave the fandom if SM loses what makes them unique.

12. [+7] I thought the deal was that Hybe was going to let SM be SM even after the acquisition... putting these two up as SM directors is just going to turn SM into Hybe...

-