Foreign media amused by Koreans and their love for iced americanos even in the winter

Article: International media reports on Koreans and their love of 'iced americanos' even in the winter... 'Eoljukah'

Source: News 1 via Naver

1. [+629, -12] Perhaps it's because our people have a lot of stress and anger? I don't think other countries use the expression "I'm so angry that my insides feel on fire" as often as we do, and there isn't even an English translation for words like 'hwat-byeong' (to feel like sick with anger or exasperation).. This is just my opinion but I think it's also why Koreans are such lovers of extreme spices and temperatures, overly cold and hot drinks.. I've noticed that most countries in Europe or South East Asia or even China don't drink iced coffee no matter how hot it gets. Most of Europe's cafes don't even have iced coffee on the menu.

2. [+294, -8] We're a country of people who have been eating iced naengmyeon in the middle of our winters~ Everything cold always tastes better when it's cold, just like how ice cream tastes best in the winter.

3. [+228, -42] I think there's an age limit ㅠㅠ because I was iced americano or death all myl ife until I hit my forties and my gums got weaker and I just can't handle it anymore 😭😭 I feel so sorry when I order lukewarm americanos. I order lukewarm because iced may be tough on my health but I can't handle a hot yet. I wish lukewarm would be an official menu termpature. It's just a hot americano with a few ice cubes... Any other lukewarm americano lovers here? ✋

4. [+140, -11] I drink iced because drinking something hot when you're cold doesn't quench your thirst. It's like a water replacement for me, just as refreshing and filling. Koreans are always thirsty and this is probably a reflection of that.

5. [+60, -4] I'm more surprised that other countries don't have their own variety of naengmyeon. I'm sure it would exist somewhere in the hotter climate countries?

6. [+50, -1] It's because most cafes use cheap beans that taste nasty in hot drinks. You need to make sure the beans are high quality if you order a hot drink.

7. [+21, -2] It's because our beans suck ㅋㅋㅋ it's also dependent on the baristas... I'll be honest, coffee in our country isn't the best tasting.

8. [+17, -0] Iced drinks just feel more refreshing and helps you wake up faster

9. [+15, -0] Because there are a lot of maddening things that anger Koreans that only an iced drink can cool down

10. [+14, -1] Iced coffees to Koreans is like an IV drip. Surely you wouldn't heat up your IV drip?

11. [+14, -1] It's only up to your thirties. Now that I'm older, iced drinks are way too cold to handle in the winter ㅋㅋ

12. [+12, -2] Probably because it may be cold outside but most indoors are heated, especially with our proud ondol technology

13. [+8, -0] Because Koreans are impatient. Hot drinks can't be gulped down quickly ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 

14. [+8, -0] Hot showers, iced drinks ㅋㅋㅋ

15. [+5, -1] It's because Koreans suffer from 'hwat-byeong'... and only an iced americano can cool off that kind of anger. Koreans are always pissed off at something or another, and that's why we enjoy fighting heat with heat and believe that eating something cold in the summer heat will give you a stomach ache. 

16. [+4, -0] Because our insiders are on fire from the rage of corporate work

-