The late Kang Soo Yeon's final movie 'Jung_E' ranks #1 on Netflix global


Article: The late Kang Soo Yeon's choice was agreed upon by the world... her posthumous work 'Jung_E' ranks #1 on global list just a day into release

Source: Chosun via Naver

1. [+327, -13] So sad to have lost her so soon. With her posthumous work 'Jung-E' hitting daebak like this, I hope she's feeling happy wherever she is now.

2. [+196, -12] It was hard for me to focus on the movie because of her facial disharmony. Anyone who is used to her former face would've found the especially prominent nose and cheeks as distracting to her usual vibe. If only she had accepted the changes of age for her beautiful face, she would've been remembered as such a classy middle-aged actress... It's upsetting to me that this is the image that most will remember her by since it will be remembered as her last movie.

3. [+209, -44] Basically another 'D-War' with way more sappy stories

4. [+165, -24] Sigh, I found it a bit boring ㅡㅡ

5. [+82, -6] Did the reporter write this review after seeing the ratings the movie has been getting? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+75, -3] Another commenter mentioned this, but I really couldn't focus because of all the awkward facial expressions from the botox in her face. I understand that actresses are under constant pressure to chase beauty but her face just wouldn't move; why add more botox to it? A natural face full of wrinkles will always be more beautiful. Anyway, I had no idea what the plot was about, never mind the poorly written characters like the Director of Research or whatever.

7. [+52, -1] I just can't understand how a talentless director like Yeon Sang Ho keeps getting these big investment movies. He must have some foreign (Chinese?) connections.

8. [+49, -1] Kang Soo Yeon is a legend, I'll give her that... but let's be honest, despite this being her posthumous work, it's a flop. Let's not try to hype this up to be more than it is. Speaking coldly, it's just not good...

9. [+40, -1] Sorry but it was boring

10. [+33, -1] I was looking forward to it a lot as Kang Soo Yeon's last work... but she basically seemed like a different person with the excessive fillers in her cheeks

11. [+33, -2] The movie was meaningful but I struggled to focus throughout it... I think the Director character is a bit of miss -- actually, the casting overall seems like a complete mess...

12. [+23, -1] This is the kind of movie that sets the Korean movie industry backwards. Boring storyline, outdated directing... Yeon Sang Ho continues to be stuck in his ways like this. He really lucked out with 'Train to Busan'. 

13. [+18, -1] Ah.. honestly... it was so... so severely... boring... Sorry to say...

14. [+16, -1] I know it's wrong to say this about a dead person but she did way too much to her face, way too much botox... it looked like she started filming before any of the swelling for that work even went down, which affected not only her acting but her speech pronunciation... I personally found this movie pretty bad.

15. [+15, -3] This pathetic movie is #1? ㅋㅋㅋ I bet most of them were kids who got roped into watching it because there was nothing else to watch. 

16. [+10, -1] Completely boring ㅋㅋ I stuck through watching it since it's Kang Soo Yeon's posthumous work but it was a struggle

-

Source: Naver

1. [+595, -116] He's a director who should've quit while he was ahead with 'Train to Busan'... His follow-up 'Peninsula' barely reached that kind of audience... and 'Jung_E' just made me lose all interest in his works at all.

2. [+241, -54] The worst movie I've seen in my 43 years of life. I tried to keep going for Kang Soo Yeon-nim... but my patience didn't run so long, I couldn't. Sigh...

3. [+213, -38] I enjoyed it, hmm

4. [+167, -28] I just finished this. I didn't expect anything Hollywood level but it was still enjoyable ㅎ I guess it was different for everyone??

5. [+134, -35] I took a good nap. What a waste of both plot and action. Such an obvious movie.

6. [+72, -4] Kang Soo Yeon-nim's unnatural fillers, unnatural acting tone...

7. [+37, -4] I enjoyed it... especially Kim Hyun Joo's action scenes... so cool...!!

8. [+35, -3] Yeon Sang Ho needs to consider different career paths. He really lucked out with 'Train to Busan'.

9. [+28, -1] I don't want to be mean by hating on everyone's acting but what was up with the casting? Was I the only one that felt like none of them fit their characters? It ruined my concentration..

10. [+27, -0] Such a weak plot for all the CG technology used

-