KakaoTalk implements 'likes' feature on user profiles


Article: Katalk implements 'likes' feature on profiles... "must popularity be bought with money now"

Source: Han via Naver

1. [+8,265, -23] Ugh, I really hate this

2. [+2,192, -14] I wish they'd make a separate minimal version of the app, like in the beginning when it was just a messenger service

3. [+1,514, -23] I know for sure bullies are going to use this to bully other students. I feel bad for the kids who are going to end up hurt by this.

4. [+631, -13] Just another corporate ploy to get kids who are sensitive to trends to spend their allowance money 🐕

5. [+402, -2] I already hate that Katalk tells all my contacts that I changed my profile picture.. it makes me hate the app

6. [+337, -0] Ugh.. I really hate this... just sounds like my life is going to get more tiring... This actually turns me off from Katalk. Makes me want to swap to another app..

7. [+209, -1] If you want to spend your time pressing like on things, why not just stick to Instagram or Facebook, why Katalk? Just seems like a corporate ploy to keep people on the app for longer so they can get ad money out of it. 

8. [+176, -1] We went from phone calls to texts, texts to Katalk messages, now messages to just a 'like'... are we really communicating anymore? I'd rather spend face to face time with someone than receive 100 stickers, or 10 phone calls with my loved ones over one of these stickers.

9. [+173, -1] Hanmail used to be the #1 email service in our country until they started implementing all these paid perks and ended up losing market share to every other search service in the market. Kakao is following suit.

10. [+135, -1] I want to leave Katalk... we deserve some privacy, don't we....

11. [+124, -2] I miss the old Katalk~ Katalk nowadays has become so commercialized that it seems the main service is selling products, not a messenger app

12. [+111, -0] So sick of this generation obsessed with likes

13. [+108, -1] I'm disgusted by whoever came up with this idea

14. [+90, -2] It may be time to leave Katalk

15. [+77, -0] I already stopped using it because I hate that anyone who knows my personal number automatically gets registered to each other's Katalk contacts

16. [+76] This will not bode well for the teens who are sensitive to popularity already

-