Man survives a miraculous 13 hours in Hinnamnor flood that has over 10 entrapped in submerged parking lot


Article: "I couldn't give up because of my kids" man in thirties found alive in Pohang parking lot

Source: Everyday Economy via Naver

A parking lot in Pohang was submerged in a flash flood that trapped over 10 people inside who had gone down to move their cars out. A 39 year old man was found to have swam his way out after being trapped for 13 hours, using an air pocket he found to stay alive. "There were times I wanted to give up but I knew I couldn't because of my kids." Currently, rescue efforts are still trying to locate the others, with six also found unconscious.

1. [+1,875, -6] Thank you for staying alive ㅠㅠ

2. [+1,313, -4] The power of a father. I hope that he lives a long and happy life with his family.

3. [+456, -2] Wow, that's a human victory right there. He's the type of guy who will be able to overcome any obstacle in his life. Congratulations.

4. [+229, -3] That makes me tear up ㅠㅠ congratulations

5. [+190, -1] I'm so happy for him. Please live a beautiful life with your children!

6. [+124, -0] Can't imagine how his wife must've felt while waiting for him.. so, so happy for them.

7. [+58, -0] He may just be some random passerby we see on the street but to his children, he is their world. So glad he made it out alive.

8. [+53, -0] To think that he held on for 13 hours purely for his kids ㅜㅜ that is a human victory. Praying that the rest of the stranded are saved soon.

9. [+40, -0] What a superman of a father. Wishing his family health and happiness.

10. [+12, -0] Aigoo... To think of him holding on with clenched teeth, with visions of his children before him.. What an amazing man. I wish their family nothing but health and happiness.

11. [+6, -0] I didn't think there'd be air pockets in there, I just assumed everyone would've died... Why are there so few rescue teams? This is a battle of time now.

12. [+6, -1] Ah, I'm tearing up... ㅜㅜ after seeing how submerged the parking lot was, I didn't think there'd be survivors.. Hoping there are more survivors now ㅜㅜ

-