Hollywood: The Little Mermaid



Article: Disney's first 'Black mermaid' movie trailer and reactions

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+451] But still... racism aside, this is a bit..

2. [+408] Jung Ho Yeon would be better suited

3. [+280] This isn't it...

4. [+278] All this PC stuff is ruining so many works ㅋㅋ

5. [+188] Is Jung Ho Yeon going to be the next Disney mermaid

6. [+98] She's a good singer and her acting's great... but this isn't it..

7. [+88] Who's King Triton then? Snoop Dogg?

8. [+66] I don't like this Ariel

9. [+126] Who pressed all the spacebars between her eyes?

10. [+144] It's a Denmark fairy tale with a black princess... This is like having Tom Cruise play Nelson Mandela

11. [+18] Oof, I'd rather have Cha Eunwoo play this role...

12. [+19] Mmm... I'm not being racist... but this is just so different from the image I have of my beloved Ariel ... ㅠㅠㅠ She should at least have big eyes like Ariel ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ Ariel... where are you ㅠㅠ

13. [+29] Ariel's always been white skinned with bright red hair to me... or am I being too old fashioned now ㅠㅠ

14. [+8] They should cast Jackie Chan as Sebastian too then

15. [+4] This is not a distortion of history or Denmark. There is no coral in the North Sea so it makes more sense that it takes place closer to the Caribbean, which is why a Black mermaid would make sense

-