Suzy's drama 'Anna' director claims drama was cut down from 8 to 6 episodes without consent

Article: "Leave my name out of 'Anna' credits" Director Lee Joo Young claims "my work has been damaged"

Source: Korea Ilbo via Naver

1. [+249, -5] That's hilarious. So the distribution company, not even the director or the production company, edited the drama on their own... Coupang is crazy ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+51, -1] No wonder the ending felt so disappointing.. Upload the director's version~ Coupang really doesn't have an eye for this stuff, do they. This almost became a drama I recommended to everyone until I realized I had to mention that the ending leaves much to be desired...

3. [+31, -1] No wonder the story felt like it was abruptly cut off. I was wondering why the flow felt so weird.

4. [+26, -0] I've seen dramas try to extend their episodes for as long as they can but I've never seen a drama purposely cut it shorter ㅋㅋ

5. [+11, -0] Wow.. the story felt so off for a reason. I watched until the end for Suzy but it feels unfair that Coupang was just allowed to do that. If this was a piece of artwork, it's basically the same situation as an art gallery putting final edits on someone else's art before the exhibition goes live ㅎㅎ Director, I support you!

6. [+10, -0] What was the reason for the edits?? I don't get it, it's not like this was a movie. Even movies are allowed to run for four hours at a time these days. Why cut down an 8 episode series down to 6? And not even with the director's permission but just because the distribution company wanted to? Who made that decision, a bunch of people with rocks for brains?

7. [+10, -0] Whoever decided that at Coupang must be a sociopath

8. [+9, -0] No wonder.. it ended so abruptly

9. [+8, -0] Whoever did that is crazy... give us the director's version

10. [+7, -0] I kept thinking the ending felt so short and off. I was waiting for the 7th episode until I realized that it ended at the 6th and went "huh"???

-

Source: Naver

1. [+133, -27] Because it got boring the longer it went on ㅎ

2. [+74, -2] No wonder the ending felt weird ㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+41, -1] What I don't get is that Coupang would've made more money if they kept it at 8 episodes so why only release 6? Was it really because the last half of the drama was boring??

4. [+36, -2] No wonder.. the drama always felt like it was missing 2% of something

5. [+29, -3] What? Give us back the 8 episode version!!!!

-

Source: Naver

1. [+89, -1] Things did feel off starting with the 5th episode. It all felt so rushed.

2. [+56, -0] Those guys over at Coupang Play are thugs then;;;

3. [+10, -0] I thought the drama was so good and felt that they could go even more detailed with some of the plot points, didn't realize that this was the issue they were facing all along. The drama left a strong impression on me from the cinematography to the music to the acting.

4. [+6, -0] How was this even possible?

5. [+3, -0] The ending felt so empty but now that I know it was originally supposed to be 8 episodes...

-