New Jeans' creative director Min Hee Jin accused of over-sexualizing minors

Video: New Jeans middle school members under controversy for provocative outfits (+Min Hee Jin's lolita Instagram suspicions)

Source: TBig News via YouTube

1. [+69] The biggest shock to me is Min Hee Jin's lolita preferences;

2. [+41] Min Hee Jin has always been known for turning her idols into lolita/hota images since her days in SM with SHINee and f(x) ㅋㅋㅋ that's why when I saw New Jeans, I thought they looked very Min Hee Jin-esque as well ㅋㅋ

3. [+39] It does feel a bit wrong to have minors dressed provocatively like that

4. [+39] They're a trendy group but all of this does seem a bit excessive since the members are still in middle school. I trust that Hybe will handle all of the comments that are going to harass them about the comments. 

5. [+15] Hybe is the master of noise marketing...

6. [+43] Even if they're celebrities, they're still young, someone should've been looking out for them with these outfits ㅜ they look great in their outfits, though. As for Min Hee Jin's pictures of her room on her Instagram,  I don't know what she's thinking or if she's even sane

7. [+3] I think their image is pretty and fits them well but I do hope that Hybe is more mindful of these issues since the members are still young

8. [+6] I'm quite shocked over the stuff about Min Hee Jin

9. [+1] I think I would've found this problematic if the lyrics or dance moves were sexual or they had male back dancers but their entire image just feels very wholesome and upbeat to me. And I know I'm late on this but what I really find problematic is back when they made Jang Won Young sing and dance to 'Side to Side' when she was still a minor.

10. [+3] This makes me throw up;; 🤮🤮🤮

11. [+2] When I first saw the music video, I didn't find anything problematic because it was set in a school surrounded by other teens? I don't know what people find so pedo about this. I wonder if people are just dumping their biases on them instead?

12. [+3] I don't find anything lolita about this but I do find it pretty surprising that they're dressed in such short crop tops ㅋㅋㅋㅋ and the stuff about Min Hee Jin is pretty shocking as well

13. [+14] I think people are taking this too far. Girl groups wear this stuff very often, you can't just randomly decide it's too sexual;;; I think people are just looking for an issue to find because they know this group is going to do well

14. [+25] From the viewpoint of an adult, I just see them as pretty and innocent. I think the people who view them as lolita are the weird ones. I don't find anything sexual about this. It's been the trend for a while for debut ages to get younger and younger, and there are a lot of groups with minors already. If you find that too sexual, what makes you any different from Islam?

15. [+12] What the f*ck, I don't see anything wrong or why people are claiming they're too sexualized

16. [+14] People are being too conservative ㅋㅋ I don't find this a problem at all. It's not like they're like those Japanese girl groups who totally pander to the loli concepts with school uniforms.

17. [+26] It does feel weird to imagine a middle schooler walking around in real life wearing stuff like this, though

18. [+11] I think they're just wearing crop tops because that's what's trendy right now~

19. [+6] I do not find anything sexual about this ㅋㅋ Then what do you people think about all the American high school movies with the short skirts and cheerleader outfits? ㅋㅋ This just feels like an attack.

20. [+7] I wouldn't go as far as to call this a loli concept but they do seem to be dressed a bit inappropriately for their age. If you don't find a problem with this, then maybe ask yourself if you'd be comfortable with your own daughter wearing this stuff. You'd find it inappropriate too.

-