'My Liberation Notes' touches viewer hearts in ways unexplainable

Article: From 'My Ajusshi' to 'My Liberation Notes', the world of writer Park Hae Young

Source: Sisa In via Naver

1. [+127, -3] I really enjoyed the drama. It made me look back on not only myself but the people around me and take an interest in the lives of others and relate to their feelings. Much like when reading a book, the drama made me meditate on the themes presented, and I could feel that I was changed for the better by the time the drama was over. The time I spent with this drama was precious and I know that I will cherish the lessons learned into the future. The writer, actors, producers, and the netizens who I interacted with about this drama are all the best 👍

2. [+64, -2] This writer is truly a gem~

3. [+37, -1] The drama makes you feel good. I enjoyed the honesty.

4. [+36, -0] I agree with the article's praise for the drama. 'My Liberation Notes' felt different from the writer's precious works in that it featured some illogical scenes sprinkled throughout the middle, like when they went to grab the hat, or the chase after getting caught scraping the car... Despite knowing that the scenes made no sense in the overall storyline of the drama, the viewer is easily able to understand the emotions of the characters and the way it changes them. There are such moments in real life, too... where something can't be explained but we all understand what happened through our emotions. It's such creativity that makes me realize just how out of the box the writer is.

5. [+27, -0] I enjoyed the ending. It didn't relieve all of the thirst we may have developed through the drama but I liked that Gu-ssi was able to show change compared to his previous self, no matter his deep hatred for humans and his brother. It's much like our own real lives... where it may feel like we're finally quenching our thirst only for yet another problem to arise. What also left an impression on me was that it's the seconds, the minutes that add up to 5, 10 minutes of happiness and excitement that help us get through the hardships of life, that the more we love and fill ourselves with love, that we won't get tired in the face of life.

6. [+26, -0] I felt so consoled through 'My Liberation Notes', and it also gave me a sense of bravery as well. There are so many people who know that they must liberate themselves from something but even taking that one step forward is so hard. I liked that the drama didn't show the final result of liberation as the 'tada!' moment but went into detail all of the processes of getting to that point. I know that it will help give a lot of people that bravery to finally take that step forward. Thank you to the writer, the director, and all the actors.

7. [+18, -0] The drama felt like a piece of literary work. So many meaningful lines that made me stop and reflect on them.

8. [+15, -0] The drama deserves the praise. As someone who craves to fit in but is also afraid to speak up, every single line in the drama spoke out to me. I don't think those who are happy and fulfilled with their lives will relate to the drama...

9. [+13, -0] Bravo! Park Hae Young's dramas give me so much strength in these trying times

10. [+10, -0] I watched both 'My Ajusshi' and 'My Liberation Notes' and I loved how both dramas started off with simple, mundane stories of every day lives until it develops into something that I can relate to a thousand times over. 

11. [+8, -0] Both are my most favorite dramas of my life

12. [+6, -0] Watching reruns are not enough, this is a touching drama that you relate to more and more on the third and fourth rewatch

-