The Boyz' Q asks fans not to recognize him in public

Video: Idol gets embarrassed by trying to flex his celebrity disease

Source: Sojang via YouTube

The Boyz' Q asked fans on a live stream, "If you see me on break, please don't act like you recognize me. Just let me go as if I were a non-celebrity. Alright? Don't recognize me or take any pictures. I get really upset when people take pictures of me without consent."

-

1. [+217] And yet Big Hit idols ask that you recognize them if fans see them in public. I think this is something all idols need to learn how to deal with since their careers are dependent on their fans' interest. He's talking as if all of his fans are sasaengs, and I can see real fans being hurt by his words, though I understand that he's just expressing his opinion ㅠ

2. [+231] If I were an unknown idol, I'd be so grateful if anyone recognized me ㅠㅠ it's not so difficult for him to acknowledge a fan recognizing him or giving out an autograph. Why become a celebrity if those things are so bothersome to you? (Of course, all of this is under the impression that the fan isn't crossing a line...!)

3. [+236] Only idols with good fan service have long running careers

4. [+88] I think people are assuming things because they don't understand the fandom vibe over at The Boyz. Big Hit's fandom is really friendly with everyone but The Boyz has a lot of individual fans and it's easy for members to land on the wrong side and get hate by fans of the same fandom. 

5. [+184] I have never heard of this dude ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ first time hearing about this Q guy. I thought The Boyz was talking about Soshi's song ㅋㅋㅋㅋ don't care about some nugu like him...

6. [+138] First time hearing about a group named The Boyz or this Q... but if he goes around with visuals like that, I doubt anyone would care to look at him

7. [+321] When I heard that Q said this on V live, I wondered if he said it because he got caught drinking with another female idol ㅋㅋㅋ I understand that it's frustrating for idols to be photographed in private but fans who tune into these lives are usually the ones worrying about their idols being harassed by other fans like that so he's basically nagging at the wrong group of people

8. [+48] Makes me wonder what the point is when Jooyeon, Younghoon, and Hyunjae are crying tears and telling their fans how grateful they are, when they are grabbing their group by the collar to try and pull them up to the top, only for members like this to ruin it all. So frustrating. I've been in the fandom for a year now and Q needs to think about who is ruining it for the group.

9. [+47] I'm a The Boyz fan myself but I think he's being too arrogant as well. He barely has any popularity and yet he's asking people to not recognize him in public or not take photos.. I understand the photos part but he should apologize for asking fans not to recognize him.

10. [+58] Yeah but we need to know who you are first before we're even able to recognize you...

11. [+46] I remember Monsta X's Hyungwon and Pentagon's Kino were so happy to bump into their fans that they bought them food and coffee... Makes me sad to see arrogant idols who let their fame get to their heads like this.

12. [+73] Even as a non-fan, Q's words do seem a bit off-putting. He surely could've said it in a nicer way ㅋㅋ

13. [+236] I'm not trying to be mean but I literally have no idea who he even is to be able to recognize him on the streets even if I wanted to

14. [+30] Shouldn't he be grateful that anyone recognizes him at all when he's so unpopular? If he gets any more popular than he is now, his arrogance will be through the roof~ ㅜㅜ Please be grateful that anyone recognizes you now and promote actively~ that's the way to a long career

15. [+372] Once idols gain a bit of fame, they seem to run under the delusion that they got there because they're oh~ so amazing but it's not ㅋㅋ Your fans got you there, and you know what happens once you start treating those fans like this? Your life gets put on a one-way ticket back to nowhere ㅋㅋ You idols aren't amazing at all~~ you guys are nothing but average human beings without your fans~~ You should've never become an idol in the first place if you don't like it when people give you attention, right??

16. [+31] V-lives are usually only tuned in by people who adore you... so why would you say something like this to them ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I understand where he's coming from but the attitude he had when he said it was off-putting...

17. [+37] As if he has that many fans ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ what a top star ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ but really, who is this? I've heard of Juyeon but who is Q????????

18. [+68] This group is hilarious to me because the most famous and handsome members like Juyeon and Hyunjae stay quiet but it's always the unneeded extra members that cause all the scandals. The ones at the bottom with no skills, popularity, looks, or personality. 

-