How idol fans make use of photocards of scandalous members


Article: New slang used by idol fans

Source: Idol Issue via Instagram

'Hoddeok holder' is a new slang word used to describe photocards of less popular or scandalous members of a group. Because the photocards are so 'useless' as in can't be sold or traded, they're used to hold hot hoddeok cakes like a piece of disposable tissue.

1. [+437] This slang is actually used for photocards of members who have caused a lot of scandals or controversies, not for the unpopular members;;;

2. [+324] Lucas is the only hoddeok holder for me ❤️🖕❤️

3. [+287] Please get the description right. This is not slang used for unpopular members but for members who have caused scandals. And even for the scandalous members, most fans don't even bother using their photocards as even hoddeok holders...

4. [+139] Hul~ only our Wookhee oppa can be a hoddeok holder ㅜ-ㅜ

5. [+1] Let's go buy hoddeok when I get a Lucas photocard 

6. [+17] I can understand doing this to a photocard of a member who's had school bullying scandals or something but not to a photocard that isn't your bias..

7. [+6] This slang is only used for Lucas

8. [+2] This is really shocking... and I feel like it's unnecessary for anyone outside of idol culture to know about. What if some idols see their photocards being used like this..

9. [+2] Yeah, this feels a bit wrong

10. [+1] Lucas must've tasted a lot of hoddeok then

11. [+44] Must be so hurtful for the idols who see their photocards used like this ã… ã… 

12. [+1] I've never heard this slang used. I have, however, seen people desperately try to trade out photocards that aren't of their bias;

13. [+26] This feels wrong;;

14. [+6] This doesn't... make me feel good...

15. [+3] Jongdae-ya, Chanyeol-ah, I trust you guys to hold my hoddeok for me

-