Kep1er's Kim Chaehyun receives body shaming comments on her fancam

Video: [kep1per Kim Chaehyun] Controversy over belly fat as soon as we debuted.

Source: Sojang via YouTube

1. [+173] Then what about Shindong?

2. [+181] Ridiculous. She's already so thin and pretty.

3. [+89] Idol outfits are already ridiculously undersized because stylists will usually tailor children's clothes to fit... When you wear clothes that are too tight in the waist, it can cause skin to bulge like that no matter how skinny you are. I can't believe this is anything worth leaving hate comments calling her fat over....

4. [+87] Since when was there a rule that an idol must be skinny no matter what? I think she looks cute...;;

5. [+25] I'm personally okay with criticizing an idol for their dance or singing skills but I feel bad when they're criticized for their looks... I honestly did feel bad for Aespa when they were being hated on for plastic surgery and stuff. It's really unfair because people will hate on idols for being ugly and then hate on them again for getting work done. It feels like people are a lot harsher on female idols than male idols, not that I'm trying to start a gender war or anything...

6. [+79] I can kind of see why people would think she's not managing herself when she's a freshly debuted rookie... but I know these are the same people who will hate on her if she ended up gaining weight as a veteran idol later. I think it's better that she gains it up front and works on it as she goes. I actually find her more lovely for looking so healthy than the really skinny ones who look sad. She's really not that heavy at all so I don't get the hate comments anyway...

7. [+33] Aigoo, another messy day for the entertainment industry

8. [+53] That's not tummy fat, it's just skin bulging ^^

9. [+14] How is that stomach fat..? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Looks like Chaehyun is going to hit it big with all of this hater attention on her ♥

10. [+20] Even skinny people will have their stomachs bulge when wearing something that tight.. I saw a ton of idols get it. And especially when they just finish a stage and are drawing deep breaths, it causes your stomach to inflate more...

11. [+261] If that's considered stomach fat.. jeez, how hard is it to be an idol ㅜ

12. [+35] Just look at her age... how much more do people expect her to starve herself over??

-