Lee Jung Jae named breakout star of the year in TV by the New York Times

Article: Lee Jung Jae, from licking dalgona in 'Squid Game' to Star of the Year in the US

Source: Everyday Economy via Naver

1. [+243, -5] Congratulations... he's just shining brighter with age

2. [+217, -19] For a top star, he didn't get as much attention domestically compared to other supporting actors, but I think 'Squid Game' got as big as it did because of his style of acting, which feels light but urgent. I like that he's a true actor, someone who isn't content making money off of coffee CFs like a certain someone but who truly loves his dramas and movies. 

3. [+39, -8] Congratulations! Looking forward to his next work.

4. [+41, -16] I'm sure Americans were surprised that he's known for being quite handsome in real life compared to his character in 'Squid Game'. If you look at some of his younger pictures, you'd almost feel bad that he wasn't born a bit later.

5. [+21, -8] Lee Jung Jae inspires me in a way that tells me it's okay no matter how old you are, you can still experiment with new things

6. [+8, -3] I remember when he was in the drama 'Sandglass' in '94 and he was so bad at his lines that his character was basically silent. He practiced hard and long enough to become a big star like this! It's amazing to see him with such an amazing career full of great works unlike certain other actors who have basically become CF models.

7. [+5, -0] I like him the older he gets because he doesn't insist on sticking to handsome characters. His acting has become more diversified than when he was younger. 

8. [+2, -0] This is truly the opening of the second peak of his life

9. [+2, -1] I wish he had gotten an opportunity like this just a bit sooner. It makes me so sad that only Koreans will know just how handsome he used to be when he was younger. I want to show the world how handsome our stars like Jung Woo Sung and Lee Jung Jae were at their peak.

10. [+1, -0] It still amazes me that the world enjoys BTS and Lee Jung Jae even though they don't speak English

-