Ok Joo Hyun displays professionalism by refunding 'Wicked' audience due to her throat health issues mid performance

Article: Ok Joo Hyun breaks out in tears... full refund of musical show due to helath issues with throat, first time in the industry

Source: Joongang Ilbo via Naver

1. [+2,418, -40] She handled this so professionally

2. [+1,034, -14] I'm sure she works so hard for each stage... let's not be too critical for her. She seems to be taking it the hardest ㅠㅠ wishing her health a recovery~

3. [+492, -16] As someone who has seen 'Wicked', it is not an easy stage at all. To go for months performing every day and maintaining the same healthy condition is humanly impossible. Ok Joo Hyun-ssi, you are the best!

4. [+237, -4] I wish her a speedy recovery

5. [+417, -215] I think the audience would've been understanding enough without the refund. Both Ok Joo Hyun and 'Wicked' are so responsible!! Giving them both my support! Find strength and fighting!!!

6. [+117, -11] I watched the musical myself and it was one of the best I've ever seen in my life. Seemed like her voice was feeling strained in act two ㅠㅠ but I could tell that she was trying really hard to deliver her lines and I felt touched to see her give her all until the very end. My money did not feel wasted. I hope she doesn't feel too sorry. I became a fan yesterday... 

7. [+101, -0] Reminds me of Kim Yeon Woo's Christmas concert when he said this was his last leg of the concert and that he was struggling to hit the high notes so the audience should just imagine him singing them. Parts of the audience started leaving and a lot demanded refunds but didn't get them... How comparable to Ok Joo Hyun's professionalism.

8. [+92, -1] Stuff like this happens... She'd be a robot if she could control her condition at whim. 

9. [+83, -3] As someone who was there, she basically pulled off the first 70% perfectly. Towards the end, her throat must've started feeling weird, but she still gave it her all. It was not a situation where she needed to be replaced or anything. Whatever the situation was, she gave apologies out immediately, and the show ended on a heartwarming note. She's a professional but she's human in the end and can make mistakes too.

-